* Creating clickable TOC entry
@ 2002-03-18 21:42 John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2002-03-18 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

In pdftex and eplain I can create a clickable TOC entry with
some macros like:

\countdef\linkno=29
\linkno=0
...and

\def\tocsubsubsectionentry#1#2#3{\line{\rm%
\pdfannotlink
attr{/C [1 1 1] /Border [0 0 0]}
goto num #2\Blue #1\pdfendlink
\Black \dotfill\ #3}
}%
...and

\def\subsubsection#1{\advance\linkno by 1%
\writenumberedtocentry{subsubsection}{#1}{\the\linkno}
\mbf #1\rm\hfil\break
\pdfdest num \the\linkno fit
}
...and

\readtocfile

--------------------------
The TOC entry is blue, and if you click on it you go to
the page where the subsection exists. \mbf refers to
a font. The information is passed to the TOC file by the
eplain \writenumberedtocentry macro and read back in by
the eplain \readtocfile macro.

I am reasonably certain there is some such mechanism for
making clickable TOC entries in Context but I can't
figure out what it is. Can someone offer a working example?

Thanks in advance:

John Culleton

D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
             http://www.doteasy.com

* Re: Creating clickable TOC entry
@ 2002-03-19 16:36 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-03-19 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 04:42 PM 3/18/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>In pdftex and eplain I can create a clickable TOC entry with
>some macros like:
>
>\countdef\linkno=29
>\linkno=0
>...and
>
>\def\tocsubsubsectionentry#1#2#3{\line{\rm%
>\pdfannotlink
>attr{/C [1 1 1] /Border [0 0 0]}
>goto num #2\Blue #1\pdfendlink
>\Black \dotfill\ #3}
>}%
>...and
>
>\def\subsubsection#1{\advance\linkno by 1%
>\writenumberedtocentry{subsubsection}{#1}{\the\linkno}
>\mbf #1\rm\hfil\break
>\pdfdest num \the\linkno fit
>}
>...and
>
>\readtocfile
>
>--------------------------
>The TOC entry is blue, and if you click on it you go to
>the page where the subsection exists. \mbf refers to
>a font. The information is passed to the TOC file by the
>eplain \writenumberedtocentry macro and read back in by
>the eplain \readtocfile macro.
>
>I am reasonably certain there is some such mechanism for
>making clickable TOC entries in Context but I can't
>figure out what it is. Can someone offer a working example?

\setupoutput[pdftex]

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\starttext

\placelist[chapter][interaction=all] % or page|text|number

\chapter{Does} \chapter{This} \chapter{Work?}

\stoptext
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl
                                   fall-back web server:
www.pragma-ade.nl

* Re: Creating clickable TOC entry
@ 2002-03-19 17:05 ` W. Egger
From: W. Egger @ 2002-03-19 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

> The TOC entry is blue, and if you click on it you go to
> the page where the subsection exists. \mbf refers to
> a font. The information is passed to the TOC file by the
> eplain \writenumberedtocentry macro and read back in by
> the eplain \readtocfile macro.

\setupinteraction[state=start, color=blue]
\placecontent[interaction=all]

You can also define your own lists:

\placelist[Mylist][interaction=text]

Kind regards Willi

* Re: Creating clickable TOC entry
@ 2002-03-20  2:41     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-03-20  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 08:51 AM 3/20/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>On Tuesday 19 March 2002 12:05, W. Egger wrote:
> > > The TOC entry is blue, and if you click on it you go to
> > > the page where the subsection exists. \mbf refers to
> > > a font. The information is passed to the TOC file by the
> > > eplain \writenumberedtocentry macro and read back in by
> > > the eplain \readtocfile macro.
> >
> > \setupinteraction[state=start, color=blue]
> > \placecontent[interaction=all]
> >
> > You can also define your own lists:
> >
> > \placelist[Mylist][interaction=text]
> >
> > Kind regards Willi
>
>Thanks to you and to Hans Hagen who gave me a similar reply.
>
>Everything works except for the blue color. I will dig into
>the manual looking for the magic words for blue text on the
>TOC. Hints would be appreciated :-)

\setupcolors[state=start]

\setupinteraction[color=blue]

Hans

@ 2002-03-20 13:51   ` John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2002-03-20 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Tuesday 19 March 2002 12:05, W. Egger wrote:
> > The TOC entry is blue, and if you click on it you go to
> > the page where the subsection exists. \mbf refers to
> > a font. The information is passed to the TOC file by the
> > eplain \writenumberedtocentry macro and read back in by
> > the eplain \readtocfile macro.
>
> \setupinteraction[state=start, color=blue]
> \placecontent[interaction=all]
>
> You can also define your own lists:
>
> \placelist[Mylist][interaction=text]
>
> Kind regards Willi

Thanks to you and to Hans Hagen who gave me a similar reply.

Everything works except for the blue color. I will dig into
the manual looking for the magic words for blue text on the
TOC. Hints would be appreciated :-)

The activity on this mailing list is tremendous. I count over
200 letters in a month! And sooner or later help appears.
Thanks again to all who provide answers.

John Culleton