* Question concerning sorting of an index
@ 2000-01-02 21:44 Egger
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Egger @ 2000-01-02 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo all,

I made an index. However I realized that Context is doeing a strange sorting
on the pagenumbers. How can I force Context to sort  the index ascending?
Here an excerpt of my index:

snijmachine 149, 18
spiegel 90, 97
stroken 126, 130, 21, 52
stijfselen 58, 73
touwen
fixeren buitenkant 106, 81
uitdraaien 103, 147

Thanks for hints.

Greetings Willi

* RE: Question concerning sorting of an index
@ 2000-01-03 20:03 ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2000-01-03 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I made an index. However I realized that Context is doeing a
> strange sorting
> on the pagenumbers. How can I force Context to sort  the
> index ascending?

Never seen the problem. Do you use texexec to compile your document?

What version of context do you use? What version of texexec and texutil?

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re: Question concerning sorting of an index
@ 2000-01-04  8:02 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-01-04  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:44 PM 1/2/2000 +0100, Egger wrote:
>Hallo all,
>
>I made an index. However I realized that Context is doeing a strange sorting
>on the pagenumbers. How can I force Context to sort  the index ascending?
>Here an excerpt of my index:
>
>snijmachine 149, 18
>spiegel 90, 97
>stroken 126, 130, 21, 52
>stijfselen 58, 73
>touwen
>fixeren buitenkant 106, 81
>uitdraaien 103, 147

What version of texutil are you running (current version is 7.3)? There had
been a bug (around the moment that page ranges were added) but I thought I
repaired it.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Question concerning sorting of an index
@ 2000-01-04  9:07 ` Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen
From: Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen @ 2000-01-04  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I made an index. However I realized that Context is doeing a strange
sorting
> on the pagenumbers. How can I force Context to sort  the index ascending?
> Here an excerpt of my index:
>
> snijmachine 149, 18
> spiegel 90, 97
> stroken 126, 130, 21, 52

Ahaa, you are probably using an older version of TeXutil. I had the same
problems some time ago

Gilbert.

* RE: Question concerning sorting of an index
@ 2000-01-04  9:20   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2000-01-04  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

    >> I made an index. However I realized that Context is doeing a
    >> strange sorting on the pagenumbers. How can I force Context to
    >> sort the index ascending?

    Berend> Never seen the problem. Do you use texexec to compile your
    Berend> document?

    Berend> What version of context do you use? What version of
    Berend> texexec and texutil?

And what version of perl?

Groeten,

Taco