* some XML stuff (and bugs?)
@ 2003-08-11  8:12 Martin Kolařík
From: Martin Kolařík @ 2003-08-11  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I have some problems with XML and ConTeXt, some of them are probably not
implemented in ConTeXt yet.

1. XML contains    <type>&#60;tag&#62;</type>
   I define        \defineXMLargument [type] \type
   ConTeXt outputs &#60;tag>

   It is interesting that inside \bTD..\eTD it is typeset correctly (<tag>).

2. Is there a way to get some piece of processed XML code into buffer
(preserving blanks)? The first-approach solution of course does not work:
\defineXMLenvironment [buffer] \startbuffer \stopbuffer never finds
\stopbuffer. I suceed if \stopbuffer occured in XML code, but this is not
the proper way :-).

I also suceed when I defined \defineXMLenvironment [buffer] {\dostartbuffer
[bname] [StartBuffer][/bufferdef>]} \relax and in the XML I wrote
\</bufferdef>...

So, how to implement somehow \defineXMLverbatim [buffer] ... which finds
(and stops) reading on </buffer>?

3. if XML entity is placed before \par (e.g. in verbatim XML source, where
an empty line occurs) ConTeXt fails with reading entity #2 parameter
(Runaway? error). Maybe \long for \def\remapXMLentity should be used?

using \XMLremapdata[mml] does not find any MML tag. Anyhow, I did not suceed
with pre expansion of <buffer/> -- probably, if I am able to expand (get
content of) <buffer/> (it contains MML tags) it would work.

5. some expansion stuffs, I expect it is a behaviour :-) but it would be
pretty if it is possible.
I did not suceed with using \getbuffer (aka all \process...buffer) in
expanded environment. Simple use of \message{\getbuffer[somebuffer]} fails.
If such expansion is possbile probably 4. would be solved too.

Have a nice day and thank you,

Martin

--------
Martin Kolarik
Moravske Pristroje, a.s., Masarykova 1148, Zlin 76302
tel. +420 603 498 498, fax +420 577 107 171
web: http://www.mii.cz
--------
e-mail: kolarik@mii.cz
e-mail: kolarik@click.cz