* Re: Letter
@ 2002-01-25 10:27 ` Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 2002-01-25 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for your explanation, but this implies that I know where the page
will break. There's no way to tell context "don't number this first page but
if you feel like it go ahead and number any next page thankyou"?

> it´s, like often, very easy in ConTeXt:
>
> \setupoutput[pdftex]
> \setuppagenumbering[state=stop]
> \starttext
> \input tufte
> \page
> \setuppagenumbering[state=start]
> \input tufte

* Re: Letter
@ 2002-01-25 10:39 Lutz Haseloff
From: Lutz Haseloff @ 2002-01-25 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 25 Jan 2002, um 10:51 hat Frans Goddijn geschrieben:

> Thanks! I was wondering about that too although I seem to remember that I
> knew how to do it a while back. And if numbering should commence with page
> 2, where do I re-instate pagenumbering?

\stoptext

Greetings

Lutz

* Re: letter
@ 2008-04-30  6:16   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-04-30  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 8:15 AM, Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
<wwl@musensturm.de> wrote:

> > Hi Wolfgang,
> >
> > > it seems to me that referenzline, subject, foldmarks, etc, are about
> > > 4mm or 5mm to big (A4 paper). The foldmark for example should be
> > > 105mm from papertop. It is 110mm from top.
> > > The horizontal offset (3.5mm) of foldmarks ist to small. A
> > > laserprinter often is not able to print 5mm or more from paperedge.
> > > So the foldmarks are invisibel.
> >
> > I never measured the real values and it should be simple whitespace
> > problem somewhere in the code.
>
> Have you found that whitespace?
>
> Aren't the foldmarks positioned in absolute values relative to the
> page? There is no whitespace involved, isn't it?
> So I don't understand this 5mm offset at all. Are your vertical
> foldmark positions ok?

I found the whitespace and it is was not 4 or 5mm but \lineheight, the problem
was I place the content for the layers in a frame and the strut moved
the symbols
a little bit down by \strutht, I fixed it for the marks and this was
also the problem
for the address field.

I put a new version online and you could test it, the horizontal
position and the
length for the marks are unchanged but you could try different values and report
which of them did work for you.

> > The address field was wrong placed and I corrected it, the place for the
> > referenece line should work but I change the position dependen on
> > the alternative for the layout and the value in the default letterstyle
> > is ignored at the moment.
> >
> > Don't what do you mean about the subject, the position is controlled
> > with the normal page layout.
>
> But the bodyspace depends on the space occupied by the header
> (addresfield, referenceline etc.). Wrong?

The distance between the top of the subject line and the topmargin of the
page depends indeed on the height from the reference line and the address
field, the DIN specification is very unclear in this point and what i wanted is
to have always the same distance between the reference line and the subject.

(Could you write me a privat mail, would be a easier to discuss it in german.)

> > I could change the values for the foldmarks, I corrected the position
> > already and it got them at least on my own printer. You could try
> > to play with \setupletterstyle[topmark,botmark,cutmark][hoffset=...]
> > and give me a value that did work for your printer.
>
> 6mm should be enough for laserprinters.

Could you try this before I will change the value.

Gruß
Wolfgang

* Re: letter
       [not found] <mailman.6813.1209456797.4340.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2008-04-30  6:15 ` Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
From: Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini @ 2008-04-30  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> > it seems to me that referenzline, subject, foldmarks, etc, are
> about
> > 4mm or 5mm to big (A4 paper). The foldmark for example should be
> > 105mm from papertop. It is 110mm from top.
> > The horizontal offset (3.5mm) of foldmarks ist to small. A
> > laserprinter often is not able to print 5mm or more from
> paperedge.
> > So the foldmarks are invisibel.
>
> I never measured the real values and it should be simple
> whitespace
> problem somewhere in the code.

Have you found that whitespace?

Aren't the foldmarks positioned in absolute values relative to the
page? There is no whitespace involved, isn't it?
So I don't understand this 5mm offset at all. Are your vertical
foldmark positions ok?

> The address field was wrong placed and I corrected it, the place for
> the
> referenece line should work but I change the position dependen on
> the
> alternative for the layout and the value in the default letterstyle
> is ignored
> at the moment.
>
> Don't what do you mean about the subject, the position is controlled
> with
> the normal page layout.

But the bodyspace depends on the space occupied by the header
(addresfield, referenceline etc.). Wrong?

> I could change the values for the foldmarks, I corrected the
> position
> already and it got them at least on my own printer. You could try
> play with \setupletterstyle[topmark,botmark,cutmark][hoffset=...]
> and
> give me a value that did work for your printer.

6mm should be enough for laserprinters.

Grusz, Wolfgang

* Re: letter
@ 2008-04-29  6:19   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-04-29  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

       [not found] <mailman.6473.1208973299.4340.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2008-04-28 20:03 ` Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
From: Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini @ 2008-04-28 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hallo Wolfgang,

@ 2008-04-24 12:53     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2008-04-24 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini wrote:
>  >> have you called "luatools --generate" because this is neccesary
>  >> for MkIV to let it find new files in your TeX tree.
>  >
>  > Ok! I have learned this now. Is this a replacement or an additive to
>  > mktexlsr?
>
>  hm, it could replace mktexlsr if needed; anyhow, in mkiv the kpse lib is
>  not used at all, and as such mktexlsr is not used too
>
>  in that respect luatools is the replacement for kpsewhich+mktexlsr as
>  stand alone tools, but the same libs are used in mkiv which give sus
>  more flexibility, speed, etc
[ot]
I usually make
$>mktexlsr; luatools --generate
because i like/need  to see
ls-R
database.
Also,
while making modules i have discovered that pdftex is used again -- i
must investigate on this -- .

>  Hans
>
>  -----------------------------------------------------------------
>       tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
>                                               | www.pragma-pod.nl

luigi
it's new .
it's powerful .
it's luatex .
http://www.luatex.org

* Re: letter
@ 2008-04-24 10:46   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-04-24 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini wrote:
>> have you called "luatools --generate" because this is neccesary
>> for MkIV to let it find new files in your TeX tree.
>
> Ok! I have learned this now. Is this a replacement or an additive to
> mktexlsr?

hm, it could replace mktexlsr if needed; anyhow, in mkiv the kpse lib is
not used at all, and as such mktexlsr is not used too

in that respect luatools is the replacement for kpsewhich+mktexlsr as
stand alone tools, but the same libs are used in mkiv which give sus
more flexibility, speed, etc

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-04-24  9:19 ` Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
From: Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini @ 2008-04-24  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

@ 2008-04-23 12:54 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-04-23 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
<wwl@musensturm.de> wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I made some tests and want to report:

> 1.) 'letter-17.tex' with pdftex (ConTeXt  ver: 2007.07.29 22:06 MKII
> fmt: 2008.4.10  int: english/english)
>
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> \letterstopoptimizeyes ...er!value!skip \minustwo
>                                                  \else \ifdim
> \pagetotal <....
>
> \next2 #1,->\dosetups {#1}
>                          \doprocesscommaitem
> \doprocesscommalist ...item \gobbleoneargument #1,
>                                                  ]\relax \global
> \advance \...
>
> \@@su:letter:place ...r] \setups [letter:sequence]
>                                                   \setups
> [letter:finish]
> \next1 #1,->\dosetups {#1}
>                          \doprocesscommaitem
> \doprocesscommalist ...item \gobbleoneargument #1,
>                                                  ]\relax \global
> \advance \...
> l.38 \stopletter

I will correct this, I used \minustwo in the code and the command was
just added in the last release what I used to test the file.

You could add
\newcount\minustwo \minustwo=-2
to the test for the moment.

> 2.) 'letter-17.tex' with luatex (ConTeXt  ver: 2008.04.11 00:07 MKIV
> fmt: 2008.4.11  int: english/english)
>
> system         : module t-letter not found
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.5 \setupletterstyle
>
> but
>
> kpsewhich t-letter
> d:/context/tex/texmf-project/tex/context/third/letter/base/t-
> letter.tex

See my other mail, "luatools --generate".

> 3.) 'letter-17.tex' with pdftex (ConTeXt  ver: 2008.04.11 00:07 MKII
> fmt: 2008.4.11  int: english/english)
>
> same error as 1.)

Too old ConTeXt :-)

Wolfgang

* Re: letter
@ 2008-04-23 10:54   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-04-23 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
<wwl@musensturm.de> wrote:
> Hallo Wolfgang,
>
> > > 2.) 'letter-17.tex' with luatex (ConTeXt  ver: 2008.04.11 00:07
> > MKIV
> > > fmt: 2008.4.11  int: english/english)
> > >
> > > system         : module t-letter not found
> > > ! Undefined control sequence.
> > > l.5 \setupletterstyle
> > >
> > > but
> > >
> > > kpsewhich t-letter
> > > d:/context/tex/texmf-project/tex/context/third/letter/base/t-
> > > letter.tex
>
> > could you try to use \usemodule[t][letter] instead of
> > \usemodule[letter].
>
> I have tried
>
> \usemodule[letter]
> \usemodule[t-letter]
> \usemodule[t][letter]
> \input t-letter
>
> all negativ
> kpsewhich finds it, as I wrote
>
> I got the error: system : module t-letter not found
>
> there is no letter.tex
>
> (this all is with luatex, MKII with same context finds it.)

have you called "luatools --generate" because this is neccesary
for MkIV to let it find new files in your TeX tree.

Grretings,
Wolfgang

* Re: letter
       [not found] <mailman.1.1208944802.10926.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2008-04-23 10:46 ` Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
From: Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini @ 2008-04-23 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hallo Wolfgang,

> > 2.) 'letter-17.tex' with luatex (ConTeXt  ver: 2008.04.11 00:07
> MKIV
> > fmt: 2008.4.11  int: english/english)
> >
> > system         : module t-letter not found
> > ! Undefined control sequence.
> > l.5 \setupletterstyle
> >
> > but
> >
> > kpsewhich t-letter
> > d:/context/tex/texmf-project/tex/context/third/letter/base/t-
> > letter.tex

> could you try to use \usemodule[t][letter] instead of
> \usemodule[letter].

I have tried

\usemodule[letter]
\usemodule[t-letter]
\usemodule[t][letter]
\input t-letter

all negativ
kpsewhich finds it, as I wrote

I got the error: system : module t-letter not found

there is no letter.tex

(this all is with luatex, MKII with same context finds it.)

Gruß, Wolfgang

* letter
@ 2008-04-23  7:26 Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
From: Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini @ 2008-04-23  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

[...]

Has there something changed in the file finding mechanism since
04.11.? Maybe the strange behaviour of mplib is related to this.

Wolfgang

* Re: letter
@ 2008-04-23  7:23 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-04-23  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

<wwl@musensturm.de> wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I made some tests and want to report:

> 1.) 'letter-17.tex' with pdftex (ConTeXt  ver: 2007.07.29 22:06 MKII
> fmt: 2008.4.10  int: english/english)
>
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> \letterstopoptimizeyes ...er!value!skip \minustwo
>                                                  \else \ifdim
> \pagetotal <....
>
> \next2 #1,->\dosetups {#1}
>                          \doprocesscommaitem
> \doprocesscommalist ...item \gobbleoneargument #1,
>                                                  ]\relax \global
> \advance \...
>
> \@@su:letter:place ...r] \setups [letter:sequence]
>                                                   \setups
> [letter:finish]
> \next1 #1,->\dosetups {#1}
>                          \doprocesscommaitem
> \doprocesscommalist ...item \gobbleoneargument #1,
>                                                  ]\relax \global
> \advance \...
> l.38 \stopletter
>
> 2.) 'letter-17.tex' with luatex (ConTeXt  ver: 2008.04.11 00:07 MKIV
> fmt: 2008.4.11  int: english/english)
>
> system         : module t-letter not found
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.5 \setupletterstyle
>
> but
>
> kpsewhich t-letter
> d:/context/tex/texmf-project/tex/context/third/letter/base/t-
> letter.tex
>
> 3.) 'letter-17.tex' with pdftex (ConTeXt  ver: 2008.04.11 00:07 MKII
> fmt: 2008.4.11  int: english/english)
>
> same error as 1.)
>
> Has there something changed in the file finding mechanism since
> 04.11.? Maybe the strange behaviour of mplib is related to this.

Hi Wolfgang,

could you try to use \usemodule[t][letter] instead of \usemodule[letter].

You could also try to take a look into your log file and look for letter.tex,
it could be possible this is loaded instead of my module and this will
explain why you get the error message.

Wolfgang

* Re: Letter
@ 2002-01-25 10:42   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-01-25 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: lcnlmmns, ntg-context

At 06:14 PM 1/25/2002 +0800, chenjf wrote:
>May be embracing your letter content
>within the \startstandardfrontmatter and
>\stopstandardfrontmatter can be of help.

In addition to the other good suggestions, another option is:

   \setupheader[state=empty]

or if you want to move the first page up (looks better too):

   \setupheader[state=high]

hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl
                                   fall-back web server:
www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Letter
@ 2002-01-25 10:14 ` chenjf
From: chenjf @ 2002-01-25 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

May be embracing your letter content
within the \startstandardfrontmatter and
\stopstandardfrontmatter can be of help.

Regards,
Hugh

Chief Architect
SIDC,HPC