* RE: special header/footer for section page
@ 1999-11-15 18:42 Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1999-11-15 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> It's at the context 'third party goodies' page, but I'm not
> sure of the version.

That's the more or less dutch only version. This one has 100% support for
English.

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* RE: special header/footer for section page
@ 1999-11-15  6:32 Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1999-11-15  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Oh, ***, please no.  Please don't do that.  It is very bad.  The mail
> client itself should be able to provide a way for the user to repond
> to everybody that the message was sent to.

Almost any mailing list replies to the mailing list instead of the the
author of the message. Of course, you can hit reply-all, but what you really
want is to reply to the mailing list, seldom only to the author.

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* special header/footer for section page
@ 1999-11-13 15:11 Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1999-11-13 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi.  (Is "Groetjes" greetings?)

Yep.

> I am trying to do something described at the end of section 4.17 of
> the english manual: altering the headers and footers at the beginning
> of a section.

It works if you use chapter instead of section. I'm not sure if this is a
bug (the dutch interface has the same problem).

Hans? No car crashes? Should we vote in this mailinglist for the kind of
transports you're allowed? :-)

by feet, or by train, but no car or plane :-))

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* special header/footer for section page
@ 1999-11-12 20:35 Ed L. Cashin
From: Ed L. Cashin @ 1999-11-12 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.  (Is "Groetjes" greetings?)

I am trying to do something described at the end of section 4.17 of
the english manual: altering the headers and footers at the beginning
of a section.

The normal headertexts look funny on the start of a section, so I'm
trying to get a blank header with the pagenumber in the middle of the
footer for the first page of a section only.  Here is what I'm using,
but it doesn't act as I would expect:

    \setuppagenumbering [location=]
    \setupheader                [style=slanted]
    \setupheadertexts   [text][Text Editing][pagenumber]

    \definetext [section][footer][pagenumber]
    \setuphead  [section]
                    [number=no,style=bold,textcommand=\BoxedSection,
                     before=\blank,after=\blank,
                     header=high,footer=section]

    \def\BoxedSection#1%
      {\framed[strut=yes,width=broad,height=1cm,corner=round]{{\bfb #1}}}

    \starttext

    \noheaderandfooterlines
    \completecontent
    \page

    \section{I Wuv Emacs}       % expect no header, pagenumber in footer
                                % like at the end of the English
                                % manual, section 4.17
    Emacs is so fly.
    \page
    Vi is very nice too.

    \stoptext

Here's the makefile:

    DOC      = sectionhead

    $(DOC).pdf      : $(DOC).tex makefile
    	    time texexec --interface=en --pdf $(DOC) < /dev/null

(BTW, Hans: I did take your suggestion and set the default interface
to English in texexec.ini, but using a makefile like this is a bit
more robust, since redhat tetex rpms come with the default interface
set to Dutch.)

Any pointers would be most appreciated.

--
--Ed Cashin                     PGP public key:
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu           http://www.coe.uga.edu/~ecashin/pgp/