* (unknown)
@ 2000-09-30  9:40 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-09-30  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

Attached you find an example of pdftex's impressive protruding character
capabilities. I'm still experimenting with the right values, as well as
with the high level layer around the low level primitives.

Since protruding is font design specific, it's part of the filename spec.
This functionality is present in the latest beta release.

Hans

[-- Attachment #2: protrude.zip --]
[-- Type: application/zip, Size: 22717 bytes --]

                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* [Fwd: Re: PPCHTEX can't work with Chinese]
@ 2004-12-09  8:54 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-12-09  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a miktex user who can help 常大鹏 to increase the hash table?

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

[-- Attachment #2: Re: PPCHTEX can't work with Chinese --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3379 bytes --]

From: 常大鹏 <changroc@163.com>
To: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
Subject: Re: Re: PPCHTEX can't work with Chinese
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:40:54 +0800

Hans Hagen:
   I'm using MiKTeX2.4.1461, I can't find out texmf.cnf.
   When i use "kpsewhich texmf.cnf" nothing output.

======= 2004-12-09 01:47:15 您在来信中写道:=======

>常大鹏 wrote:
>> Hans:
>>    I can compile this file without \usemodule[chinese].When i add \usemodule[chinese] TeX
>> report me the following:
>
>locate your config file with:
>
>  kpsewhich texmf.cnf
>
>and set the hash values higher (in the context distributions there is a file
>context.cnf
>
>you need to regenerate the formats
>
>Hans

>     tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
>

>.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

                    致
礼!

               常大鹏
               changroc@163.com
					2004-12-09

* (unknown)
@ 2002-06-23 16:30 Idris S Hamid
From: Idris S Hamid @ 2002-06-23 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear gang,

Is there a Context way of stamping a greyed <Draft> on each page of a
document, like the TUG preprints?

Best wishes
Idris

--
Dr. Idris S Hamid
Department of Philosophy

[parent not found: <002a01c1309d$1ee976a0$0100a8c0@mshome.net>]
* (unknown)
@ 2001-03-20 14:46 Michel Bovani
From: Michel Bovani @ 2001-03-20 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I am new to this list, and to context also. So I apologize if my
questions were already asked... (is there a FAQ or an archive list,
btw?)

First as I am a mac-user, I made an enco-mac file (seems to work),
and as I am also a french user I need to make double ponctuations (
";" "!" "?" ":" ) active in order to add a non breakable thin space
before ";" "!" and "?" and a non breakable word space before ":"
(that is the rule in french typography).

But of course I expect these characters dont remain active when
coming back to an other language...

Any Idea ?
--
Michel Bovani

* (unknown)
@ 2000-11-24  7:32 Haseloff, Lutz
From: Haseloff, Lutz @ 2000-11-24  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

is the \starttabulate\stoptabulate environment
limited to 16 columns?

Greetings

Lutz

[parent not found: <3.0.6.32.20001029235036.0197aa80@pop.wxs.nl>]
[parent not found: <3.0.6.32.20001002094407.01873670@pop.wxs.nl>]
* (unknown)
@ 2000-05-30 15:49 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-05-30 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is a question for USA users:

Is there anyone interested in a job in seattle which has to do with tex and
especially context? Basic knowledge of pdftex and context is a pre.

Those interested can answer me in private: pragma@wxs.nl.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* (unknown)
@ 2000-02-14 22:26 pragma
From: pragma @ 2000-02-14 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Concerning fonts (2 questions):

I suppose taco knows more about this. Are you sure the ss is in
the font? Are you also sure that the font is in ec encoding? If
the glyphs are there and the encoding matches, things should go
ok.

For those characters, try: texnansi, ec or il2.

(Fonts is one the most complex things in tex, since one should
match input encoding with internal and font encoding).

Hans

* %
@ 1999-11-17 10:03 Haseloff, Lutz
From: Haseloff, Lutz @ 1999-11-17 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

> BTW, using %'s is seldom needed in a context document.
> Hans

Hi all,

If i use many backgrounds
without %-sign as last char of the line
the first background of the new line
not will be typeset.

\setupbackgrounds [page] [background={tabel,%
NameI,AmtI,RefI,TelefonI,LohnI,WohnI,%
NameII,AmtII,RefII,TelefonII,LohnII,WohnII,%
DKfzJa,DKfzNein,SelFaJa,SelFaNein,Halter,AmtlKz,Hubr,AntTrif,%
UrlLfd,VomBis,Nach,UrlEin,UrlBew,AbschlI,AbschlII,AbschlIII,OrtDatum}]

Is this the case where a % is needed?

I use ConTeXt beta 15.11.99

Lutz

* (unknown)
@ 1999-11-13 14:46 Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1999-11-13 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo Hans,

(the following msg is in dutch because it concerns dutch hyphenate rules)

Als ik dutch96.pat gebruik, wordt er inderdaad anders afgebroken. Echter, de
volgende regel:

Bij woordafbreking vervalt het trema: ruïne wordt ru·ine.

wordt niet gehandhaaft (bijv. 'financi"eren'). Is dit een bug? Je steekt
toch heel wat op van zo'n ntg dag.

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re:
@ 1998-08-25  7:37 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1998-08-25  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: TEX-NL

Roef Ragas wrote:

> Is er een mogelijkheid om Context op eenvoudige wijze 2 pagina's naast
> elkaar op een landscape-formaat A4 te laten zetten? Ik bedoel dus
> eenzelfde uitkomst als psnup -2, maar in mijn geval voor pdf.

Dit kan inderdaad (zie ook recent maps artikel).

Je kiest eerst het goede papierformaat:

  \stelpapierformaatin[A5][A4]

Wellicht moet je de layout nog aanpassen (de standaardinstellingen
schalen overigens netjes mee).

De laatste run voeg je toe:

  \stelarrangerenin[2UP,geroteerd,dubbelzijdig]

Let wel, alleen de laatste run!

Voor pdftex output zeg je:

  \steluitvoerin[pdftex]

Handiger is echter het gebuik van texexec:

Je stelt dan alleen het papierformaat in, en tijden het texen de rest:

  texexec --pdf --output=2up --paper=a5a4 <filenaam>

In dat geval wordt eerst eea netjes gezet in de standaard arrangering
(dit is nodig om alle nummeringen ok te krijgen) en in een laatste
run wordt het boekje gemaakt.

Het best is wat te experimenteren met het maps artikel bij de hand, je
kunt namelijk ook dingen doen als:

\stelpapierformaatin[A6][A4] \stellayoutin[nx=2,ny=2]

etc etc

Haal wel even de laatste versie van context op van Erik's server cq. de
NTG site.

Hans

                                              Hans Hagen | PRAGMA
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma@wxs.nl