* RE: Problems with texexec
       [not found] <199909150659.CAA23484@godske.mi.uib.no>
@ 1999-09-15 12:51 ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1999-09-15 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I'm using version 5.001 of Perl - it's probably to old.

You're sure? Run:

/usr/bin/perl -v

Some systems have /usr/bin/perl is perl4, while /usr/local/bin/perl is perl
5.

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re: Problems with texexec
@ 2000-03-27 12:01     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-03-27 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Dirk F. Raetzel, ntg-context

At 10:15 AM 3/27/2000 +0200, Tobias Burnus wrote:

>Well I use xpdf version 0.90, and in help (`?') I have the line:
>Supports PDF 1.3, so you might update.
>(Can one force PDF 1.2? Using ps2pdf of Ghostscript 6.01 one can choose
>ps2pdf13 and ps2pdf12)

1.3 has shades, dual res figs etc.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Problems with texexec
@ 2000-03-27  8:15   ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2000-03-27  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Dirk F. Raetzel, ntg-context

Hallo Dirk, hallo Hans, hi all,

>I am using the latest tetex distribution under Solaris UNIX.
Which teTeX version?
a) teTeX 1.0.6
b) teTeX 1.0.7
c) teTeX beta 12 February 2000
a and b contain an rather old pdftex, c contains the newest pdftex
b and c conatin both a rather new context (as of begining of february,
whereas in a is a rather old (and buggy \frac) context.

> Texexec should run ok.
Indeed, what does $PATH_TO_TETEX_BINARIES/texexec --version produce?

> The main thing left to do is to uncomment the
> context format lines in the tetex config file.
fmtutil --edit
fmtutill --all

> >Using a document like pdftex-a.pdf I get in addition an error message
> >
> >   Error (1024) PDF version 1.3 -- xpdf supports version 1.2 (continuing
> >   anyway
> This means that there is a pdf 1.3 option used (probably the resource in
> the mirrored page is not recognized). Normally this does not hurt, and some
> day the xpdf libraries will catch up.
Well I use xpdf version 0.90, and in help (`?') I have the line:
Supports PDF 1.3, so you might update.
(Can one force PDF 1.2? Using ps2pdf of Ghostscript 6.01 one can choose
ps2pdf13 and ps2pdf12)

Tobias

* Re: Problems with texexec
       [not found] <Pine.GSO.4.21.0003231706560.6881-100000@algol>
@ 2000-03-26 18:28 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-03-26 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hi Dirk,

Sorry for answering late, but I was away for a week.

>I am trying to set up and use texexec (in fact mainly to use its
>pdfarrange function). I am using the latest tetex distribution under
>Solaris UNIX. Having puzzled with the configuration and installation
>(texexec --make) I hope to have succeeded at least with this.

Texexec should run ok. The main thing left to do is to uncomment the
context format lines in the tetex config file.

>Now using the pdfarrange option for example like
>
>> texexec --pdfarrange --paper=a5a4 grfguide.pdf

If you want a booklet, add --print=up

>prioduces an document with the approbiate number of (virtual) pages, well
>arranged (even with the --addempy option) BUT there is always the first
>page repeated.

How do you mean repeated?

>Using a document like pdftex-a.pdf I get in addition an error message
>
>   Error (1024) PDF version 1.3 -- xpdf supports version 1.2 (continuing
>   anyway

This means that there is a pdf 1.3 option used (probably the resource in
the mirrored page is not recognized). Normally this does not hurt, and some
day the xpdf libraries will catch up.

>Or with cont-nlp.pdf there are only the first six pages processed ...

Hm. I uses perl to determine the nof pages, which is a wild guess in some
way. Since pdftex can do report this too (you need a recent version, say
14e) I adapted the responsible macros and texexec to this. More safe for
balanced and optimized documents. You may try the latest version (with
texexec 2.1).

>With some other big document I got an error after the around 60th page.

This should not happen. Maybe a pdftex bug?

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE