* Chapternumber
@ 2000-02-28 19:42 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2000-02-28 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hi,

I know it is possible, but I cannot find it right now,
what is the command to say

\chapter{foo} % I want to have the number 42 not 1
\chapter{bar} % and I want to be number 55 not 2

I dirty solution is to have several \chapter commands
in between, but this isn't perfect acctually.
(I don't need chapter 0 right know, but if I recall
correctly this number is equvaltent to no number,
which might be a bad idea since I saw some books
starting with 0.)

Tobias

* RE: Chapternumber
@ 2000-02-28 20:27 ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2000-02-28 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

> \chapter{foo} % I want to have the number 42 not 1
> \chapter{bar} % and I want to be number 55 not 2

I believe it is:

	\setupheadnumber[chapter][42]

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re: Chapternumber
       [not found] <Pine.BSF.4.10.10002282038090.36654-100000@george.physik.fu -berlin.de>
@ 2000-02-29  8:26 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-02-29  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 08:42 PM 2/28/2000 +0100, Tobias Burnus wrote:

>I know it is possible, but I cannot find it right now,
>what is the command to say
>
>\chapter{foo} % I want to have the number 42 not 1
>\chapter{bar} % and I want to be number 55 not 2
>
>I dirty solution is to have several \chapter commands
>in between, but this isn't perfect acctually.
>(I don't need chapter 0 right know, but if I recall
>correctly this number is equvaltent to no number,
>which might be a bad idea since I saw some books
>starting with 0.)

Berend's answer was perfectly ok: \setupheadnumber[section][number]

(even [+10] or [-10] should work if I'm right -)

Chapter number 0 is kind of tricky, since context omits prefixed numbers
when there is no higher level. So, a document with only sections, will give
1, 2, 3 and not 0.1, 0.2, 0.3. BTW, I consider this a feature -)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE