* Flow charting
@ 2000-04-05 16:31 ` Egger
From: Egger @ 2000-04-05 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all!

At the moment I try work out a HACCP-system (Proces Beheer Systeem). The
organisation wants me to use the shape number 32 to indicate corrective
actions. - However the shape should be rotated by 180 degrees in order to
have the topline from the original as a base line. - How can I realize a new
shape e.g. with number 50, which is derived from the schape 32? Where do I
have to put this shape? I believe it is not the intention to edit the
mp-chart.mp file :-)

Complicated HACCP charts use a connection with a small circle at the end to
indicate a connection with another part of the chart, documented elsewhere.
The circle contains a reference in the form of number. The circle is much
smaller than the normal size of a chart shape. As in the previous question I
would like to include it as a new shape.

Thanks for your help.

Willi

* Re: Flow charting
@ 2000-04-05 20:47   ` Ed L Cashin
From: Ed L Cashin @ 2000-04-05 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Egger <egger-maissen@hetnet.nl> writes:

> Hello all!

Hi.

> How can I realize a new
> shape e.g. with number 50, which is derived from the schape 32? Where do I
> have to put this shape? I believe it is not the intention to edit the
> mp-chart.mp file :-)

If your question is MetaPost-specific, you might want to check out the
MetaFont mailing list, which also serves as the MetaPost mailing
list:

        http://cm.bell-labs.com/who/hobby/mpmail.html

--
--Ed Cashin                     PGP public key:
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu           http://www.coe.uga.edu/~ecashin/pgp/

* Re: Flow charting
@ 2000-04-05 23:22     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-04-05 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Egger, ntg-context

At 04:47 PM 4/5/2000 -0400, Ed L Cashin wrote:
>Egger <egger-maissen@hetnet.nl> writes:
>> How can I realize a new
>> shape e.g. with number 50, which is derived from the schape 32? Where do I
>> have to put this shape? I believe it is not the intention to edit the
>> mp-chart.mp file :-)
>
>If your question is MetaPost-specific, you might want to check out the
>MetaFont mailing list, which also serves as the MetaPost mailing
>list:

I think that the wish concerns more basic shapes. I'll see if I can cook up
an extension mechanism.

What does this new to be shape look like?

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Flow charting
@ 2000-04-06 19:17       ` Egger
From: Egger @ 2000-04-06 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hi Hans,

Indeed what I am looking for is a mechanism in order to be able to add
specific shapes. Another possibility is of course that the ones I need can
be incorporated into mp-chart.mp.

For the preparation of HACCP (Hazard Analysis of Critical Control
Points) -charts one sticks to several rules. Basically each process step has
its own correction-mechanism. For the (manual) actions one needs a special
shape: Its outline is similar to the shape 57, however the basline is
horizontal.

In more complicated HACCP-charts one needs to make pointers to
detail-charts. The pointer consits of a normal connection to|from a certain
shape. At the other end of the connection there is a circle attached, which
contains a reference number. The detail-chart always begins with the circle
and the respective number in it. The circle is smaller than a regular shape.

See attachment.

There is also another question: Is it possible to switch the arrow part in a
connection on and of for specific connections e.g. when connecting to a
node?

 Willi