* Re: Syntax hilight editors
@ 1999-06-21 15:15 Wybo Dekker
From: Wybo Dekker @ 1999-06-21 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Gilbert wrote:
> This is off-topic, but I ran into vim (Vi improved) while searching for a
> decent editor for my DVIview project.
> My criteria is (always) *good* syntax hi-lighting. Well, this beast does it
> all, and it is available for nearly every os, and it's free. What striked me
> the most was the specification (look at the .vim files in the syntax
> directory), you can do a lot of stuff here. When editing html for instance,
>
> It does a good job for TeX, and it even has decent LaTeX
> support. Since I

So finally here is someone who now understands why I was so stubborn
about my loving vi during the last NTG meeting...

> use context, I'll create the context higlighting. Well, it seems I'm going
> to like linux despite the many things that are *not* obvious about unix.

As a linux addict I hate to say that vim work similarly under MS-DOS;-)

--
Hartelijke groet, Wybo
--

* RE: Syntax hilight editors
@ 1999-06-21 16:45 ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1999-06-21 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

> So finally here is someone who now understands why I was so stubborn
> about my loving vi during the last NTG meeting...

You were very quiet after the emacs demo, were you? :-)

In what mode do you run vim? GUI support on, mouse support on, compatible
mode off, multiple-undo, ... Wow, look, vi does emacs :-))

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Syntax hilight editors
@ 1999-06-21 11:21 Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen