* how to get a toc with two columns?
@ 2001-02-12 18:30 Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2001-02-12 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am just making a screen documentation and have cut the section titles so
that they show up nicely in the navigation bar.  But I was not able to
break the toc.  It appears on the frontpage and ignores the pageheight ...

Here comes the minimal document that shows the problem (at least for me)
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-14f-released-20000525-2.1 (Web2C 7.3.1)
(format=cont-en 2001.2.10)  12 FEB 2001 19:24

\setuppapersize [S6][S6]
\starttext
\startfrontmatter
\startstandardmakeup

{\bfd \setupinterlinespace This is a little test I wrote to show what
effects occur while setting a real TOC\par}
\blank [big]
\it the authours name\crlf
\tf where he works \crlf
\currentdate[month,year]

\startcolumns[n=2]
\completecontent[alternative=c,interaction=all,pageboundaries=4]
\stopcolumns

\stopstandardmakeup
\stopfrontmatter

\startbodymatter
\section{first one}
\section{second one}
\section{third one}
\section{fourth one}
\section{fivth one}
\section{sixth one}
\section{seventh one}
\section{eightth one}
\section{nineth one}
\section{tenth one}
\section{eleventh one}
\section{twelwth one}
\section{thirteenth one}
\section{fourteenth one}
\section{fivteenth one}
\section{sixteenth one}
\section{seventeenth one}

\stopbodymatter
\stoptext

Thank you!
Uwe

--
mailto:koloska@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de
http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~koloska/

* Re: how to get a toc with two columns?
@ 2001-02-13  7:55 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-02-13  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 07:30 PM 2/12/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am just making a screen documentation and have cut the section titles so
>that they show up nicely in the navigation bar.  But I was not able to
>break the toc.  It appears on the frontpage and ignores the pageheight ...
>
>Here comes the minimal document that shows the problem (at least for me)
>This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-14f-released-20000525-2.1 (Web2C 7.3.1)
>(format=cont-en 2001.2.10)  12 FEB 2001 19:24
>

>\setuppapersize [S6][S6]
>\starttext
>\startfrontmatter
>\startstandardmakeup
>
>{\bfd \setupinterlinespace This is a little test I wrote to show what
>effects occur while setting a real TOC\par}
>\blank [big]
>\it the authours name\crlf
>\tf where he works \crlf
>\currentdate[month,year]
>
>\startcolumns[n=2]
>\completecontent[alternative=c,interaction=all,pageboundaries=4]
>\stopcolumns
>
>\stopstandardmakeup
>\stopfrontmatter

The 'standardmakeup' is just a box, so no columns there. You can use a
normal page of course, or

\startsimplecolumns
  Ah, another undocumented thing, and thereby not officially supported.
\stopsimplecolumns

BTW, i now have an additional to processing mode that permits things like
section entries with subsection entries in columns.

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: how to get a toc with two columns?
@ 2001-02-13 14:01   ` Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2001-02-13 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

You wrote on Dienstag, 13. Februar 2001 08:55:
>>\startstandarmakeup
>>\startcolumns[n=2]
>>\completecontent[alternative=c,interaction=all,pageboundaries=4]
>>\stopcolumns
>>\stopstandardmakeup

>The 'standardmakeup' is just a box, so no columns there. You can use a
>normal page of course, or
>
>\startsimplecolumns
>  Ah, another undocumented thing, and thereby not officially supported.
>\stopsimplecolumns

Super!  Now this works ok:
\startstandarmakeup
\title{Inhalt}
\startsimplecolumns[n=2]
\pagereference[content]
\placecontent[alternative=c,interaction=all]
\stopsimplecolumns

\stopstandardmakeup

But how can I define the columnbreaks of the toc similar to
[pageboundaries=...]?  If I set [pageboundaries=4] it seems, that the toc
wants to be continued on the following page (not column) but in
\standardmakeup there is no following page, so the entries after "4"
disappear ...

>BTW, i now have an additional to processing mode that permits things like
>section entries with subsection entries in columns.

???  I don't understand what you mean by this :-(

Uwe