* a few more questions
@ 2001-02-14 18:35 Han The Thanh
From: Han The Thanh @ 2001-02-14 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

can you please help me with a few more questions:

1) how to format the chapter title as follows:

                    Chapter I
            <title of chapter 1 here>

2) how to change the way of numbering headings (like A, B, C,... instead of
   1, 2, 3, ...

Thanks,
Thanh

* Re: a few more questions
@ 2001-02-14 23:57 ` James Ramsey
From: James Ramsey @ 2001-02-14 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

(Repost of what should have been sent to the ConTeXt
mailing list)

--- Han The Thanh <thanh@informatics.muni.cz> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> can you please help me with a few more questions:
>
> 1) how to format the chapter title as follows:
>
>                     Chapter I
>             <title of chapter 1 here>
>
> 2) how to change the way of numbering headings (like
> A, B, C,... instead of
>    1, 2, 3, ...

Look at pages 181-185 of the beta ConTeXt manual. The
following lines should work:

\definesection[chapter][section=section-2]
\setupsection[section-2][conversion=Characters]

The line containing "\definesection" is probably
unnecessary and might mess things up; It's included
mainly for completeness.

=====

----I am a fool for Christ. Mostly I am a fool.----

* Re: a few more questions
@ 2001-02-15  1:49 ` Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2001-02-15  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Han,

Tatatata!

Here I can show, that I have learned something from all the patient answers
Hans has written for my questions:

You wrote on Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2001 19:35:
>Hi all,
>
>can you please help me with a few more questions:
>
>1) how to format the chapter title as follows:
>
>                    Chapter I
>            <title of chapter 1 here>

\setuplabeltext[chapter=Chapter~]
\setuphead[chapter][alternative=middle]

>2) how to change the way of numbering headings (like A, B, C,... instead
> of 1, 2, 3, ...

\setupsection[section-2][bodypart][conversion=Character]

And all together in a simple sample document:

\setuplabeltext[chapter=Chapter~,appendix=Appendix~]

\setuphead[chapter]
  [alternative=middle,
   bodypartlabel=chapter,
   appendixlabel=appendix,
   numberstyle=small,
   textstyle=boldslanted]

\setupsection
  [section-2]
  [bodypart]
  [conversion=Character, % Watch the capital
  previousnumber=no]

\setupsection
  [section-2]
  [appendix]
  [conversion=character,
  previousnumber=no]

\starttext

\completecontent

\startbodymatter
\chapter{A test for Han}
\input tufte

\chapter{Now for Hofstadter}
\input hofstadter
\stopbodymatter

\startappendices
\chapter{This is just Knuth}
\input knuth
\stopappendices

\stoptext

BTW: it's all in the beta manual!

Yours
Uwe

--
mailto:koloska@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de
http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~koloska/

* Re: a few more questions
@ 2001-02-20 18:32   ` Han The Thanh
From: Han The Thanh @ 2001-02-20 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

many thanks for all your answers, it was very helpful indeed. I should
have spent more time on reading the manual.

Regards,
Thanh