* Re: ConTeXt on Mac?
@ 2001-03-21  9:22 siep.kroonenberg
From: siep.kroonenberg @ 2001-03-21  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 20 Mar, Michel Bovani wrote:
> At 21:47 +0100 20/03/01, H. Ramm wrote:
>>\startenthusiasm
>>Hey, you managed to get ConTeXt work on MacOS?
>>\stopenthusiasm
>
> \startallegromanontroppo
> I just install the context archive in a tds directory, built a
> cont-en format and test it with (very) simple demo files...
> \stopallegromanontroppo
>
>>How? With OzTeX, CMacTeX or TeXtures?
>
> with CmacTeX which is a web2c distrib, have a pdfetex engine and
> support a \write18 command : I think it was the best challenger...
> moreover : the future version 3.7 will run on macOSX (3.7beta already exists).
>
>>What about the Perl scripts?
>
> I had very bad experiences last year with mac perl and, as Hans says
> that use command line wad possible, I try it (I think that we can
> expect an unix port of perl that will run on mac OSX terminal
> anyway... also CMacTeX is Applescriptable, and may be it is an other
> way).

According to the CPAN ports page, Perl 5.6 is a standard component of
Mac OS X. teTeX has been ported to Mac OS X too. Go to
darkwing.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/texshop.html for a urls (this url is
the homepage of graphical frondend to teTeX but also provides a compiled
teTeX itself) or go to ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/next/MacOSX

I don't yet have Mac OS X so I can say nothing on how well everything
works.

--
Siep Kroonenberg
Kluwer Academic Publishers, Prepress Department

* (unknown)
@ 2001-03-20 14:46 Michel Bovani
From: Michel Bovani @ 2001-03-20 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I am new to this list, and to context also. So I apologize if my
questions were already asked... (is there a FAQ or an archive list,
btw?)

First as I am a mac-user, I made an enco-mac file (seems to work),
and as I am also a french user I need to make double ponctuations (
";" "!" "?" ":" ) active in order to add a non breakable thin space
before ";" "!" and "?" and a non breakable word space before ":"
(that is the rule in french typography).

But of course I expect these characters dont remain active when
coming back to an other language...

Any Idea ?
--
Michel Bovani