* MetaFun on Mac OS X
@ 2001-10-22 20:02 Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2001-10-22 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,
I have recently tried starting to use ConTeXt on Mac OS X. I have had
reasonable success. The problem that I have is in incorporating MetaPost
pictures. I have used the installer by Gerben Wierda, Gerben_Wierda@rna.nl
the release notes show;

Versions in this installer:
    pdfTeX (Web2C 7.3.3.1) 3.14159-0.14h-released-20010417
        (with some patches)
    TeX (Web2C 7.3.1) 3.14159
        (with some patches)
    GS 6.01
    TeXUtil 7.3 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1992-2000
and quite a few additions, patches and updates.

Running texexec with the following command does not give me test-mpgraph.1
how ever many times I run the same command, or simply "texexec test"
prompt% texexec --automprun test
mpost -progname=mpost -mem=metafun test-mpgraph
figures        : figure test-mpgraph can not be found

prompt% mpost test-mpgraph gives me test-mpgraph.1 and then runing "texexec
test" again gives me the output file I want.

The problem appears to be with -mem=metafun so I ran "texexec --make --alone
metafun" which gave me metafun.mem and I put it in
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/metafun.mem   and
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c/metafun.mem
which was in a message from Hans Hagen.

I just tried the local command
mpost -progname=mpost -mem=metafun test-mpgraph
and it worked
Now, why doesn't it work in texec? Any ideas

--
Nigel King, CTO PipingHot Networks