* Scaling mpgraphics
@ 2001-11-07 22:34 Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2001-11-07 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

how do I scale my metafun graphics?
I use

\startuseMPgraphic{one}
\stopuseMPgraphic

and want to place it with

\placefigure[right]{none}{\useMPgraphic{one}}
Text ....

and I want to scale it to some size. What is the appropriate way?
\framed[...]{...} did not work (graphic stayed the same size}
Should I put some scaling commands inside the mp graphics and use the
\MPvar{width/height} variables? Or shall I do something with
\externalfigure?

--
Viele Grüße,

    Patrick Gundlach

* Re: Scaling mpgraphics
@ 2001-11-08  9:25 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-11-08  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt ML

At 11:34 PM 11/7/2001 +0100, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
>Hi,
>
>how do I scale my metafun graphics?
>I use
>

>\startuseMPgraphic{one}
>\stopuseMPgraphic
>
>and want to place it with
>
>\placefigure[right]{none}{\useMPgraphic{one}}
>Text ....
>
>and I want to scale it to some size. What is the appropriate way?
>\framed[...]{...} did not work (graphic stayed the same size}
>Should I put some scaling commands inside the mp graphics and use the
>\MPvar{width/height} variables? Or shall I do something with
>\externalfigure?

Take your choice:

\scale
   [sx=.5,sy=.3]
   {\startMPcode
      fill fullcircle scaled 10cm ;
    \stopMPcode}

\startbuffer [patrick]
   \startMPcode
     fill fullcircle scaled 10cm ;
   \stopMPcode
\stopbuffer

\externalfigure[patrick][type=buffer,width=2cm]

as you can see any buffer can be scaled so this is a way to scale down a
table too

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Scaling mpgraphics
@ 2001-11-11 15:47   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2001-11-11 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good afternoon,

> \scale
>    [sx=.5,sy=.3]
>    {\startMPcode
>       fill fullcircle scaled 10cm ;
>     \stopMPcode}

This works fine! Just weren't able to find it in the doc..:)

> \startbuffer [patrick]
>    \startMPcode
>      fill fullcircle scaled 10cm ;
>    \stopMPcode
> \stopbuffer
>
> \externalfigure[patrick][type=buffer,width=2cm]

I forgot about the posibility to put the \startMPcode inside a buffer. I
thought scaling a buffer was limited to text and regular TeX stuff, but I
am thinking (once again) too limited.

    Patrick, again amazed.