* footnotes congestion
@ 2001-11-11  3:31 Tom Fossen
From: Tom Fossen @ 2001-11-11  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

The footnotes in the paper I am writing at the moment all want to rest on the
same page. I want them all at the end of my paper, and they can take as many
pages as they need, but they don't want to.  Or may be they can't....
I noticed the problem was raised here a few months ago, but a search of the
archive didn't reveal a solution. Maybe I overlooked something?
Is there a solution?

						Tom Fossen

--
Tom Fossen
Dolderseweg 123 A

* Re: footnotes congestion
@ 2001-11-12  9:31 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-11-12  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:31 PM 11/10/2001 -0500, Tom Fossen wrote:
>The footnotes in the paper I am writing at the moment all want to rest on the
>same page. I want them all at the end of my paper, and they can take as many
>pages as they need, but they don't want to.  Or may be they can't....
>I noticed the problem was raised here a few months ago, but a search of the
>archive didn't reveal a solution. Maybe I overlooked something?
>Is there a solution?

\setupfootnotes[location=text]

\dorecurse{5}{\input tufte \footnote{oeps} \page}

\placefootnotes
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: footnotes congestion
@ 2001-11-12 16:01     ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2001-11-12 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tom Fossen <tom@fossen.demon.nl> writes:

> By the way  - is there in the documentation a list or table with all
> english-dutch-german commands ?

Look in mult-com.tex

--
Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re: footnotes congestion
@ 2001-11-12 16:36       ` Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 2001-11-12 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the tip! I've been wondering about that question also, as I often
see commands tips and tricks in English and I wonder how they go in Dutch.
The file was in my c:/tex/texmf/context/base directory, quite deep and now I
copied it to a place where I can find it easier. Next thing I'd like to do
is input it in a tex file, compile it and print it so I can look up these
things later.

> > By the way  - is there in the documentation a
> > list or table with all english-dutch-german
> > commands ?
>
> Look in mult-com.tex

* Re: footnotes congestion
@ 2001-11-12 17:44         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-11-12 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 05:36 PM 11/12/2001 +0100, Frans Goddijn wrote:
>Thanks for the tip! I've been wondering about that question also, as I often
>see commands tips and tricks in English and I wonder how they go in Dutch.
>The file was in my c:/tex/texmf/context/base directory, quite deep and now I
>copied it to a place where I can find it easier. Next thing I'd like to do
>is input it in a tex file, compile it and print it so I can look up these
>things later.

try: texshow.pl

@ 2001-11-12 21:11   ` Tom Fossen
From: Tom Fossen @ 2001-11-12 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On monday  12 november 2001 04:31, Hans Hagen  wrote :

> >The footnotes in the paper I am writing at the moment all want to rest on
> > the same page. I want them all at the end of my paper, and they can take
> > as many pages as they need, but they don't want to.  Or may be they
> > can't.... I noticed the problem was raised here a few months ago, but a
> > search of the archive didn't reveal a solution. Maybe I overlooked
> > something?
> >Is there a solution?

> \setupfootnotes[location=text]
>
> \dorecurse{5}{\input tufte \footnote{oeps} \page}
>
> \placefootnotes

I am sorry, Hans, too big a leap from your instruction to my reality as a
beginner in Context (and TeX  in general as well).

I can reproduce my problem when I put your instruction in a new .tex file and
take, say,  \dorecurse{70} .
This way I get so many oepses, that they cause an overflow - the same with
the footnotes in my paper - . They do not neatly divide  themselves onto two
pages.

So it's probably the \dorecurse command I do not understand. How to put it in
my script with many footnotes, that is called "werkstuk.tex", with
\stelvoetnotenin[plaats=tekst] at the beginning and \plaatsvoetnoten at the
end ?

@ 2001-11-13  0:13         ` Tom Fossen
From: Tom Fossen @ 2001-11-13  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon12 november 2001 11:36,  Frans Goddijn wrote:

> Thanks for the tip! I've been wondering about that question also, as I
> often see commands tips and tricks in English and I wonder how they go in
> Dutch. The file was in my c:/tex/texmf/context/base directory, quite deep
> and now I copied it to a place where I can find it easier. Next thing I'd
> like to do is input it in a tex file, compile it and print it so I can look
> up these things later.

> > Look in mult-com.tex

You might be interested in mult-con.tex as well (same place) !!

--
Tom

--
ds.Tom Fossen