* page setup
@ 2003-12-15 13:45 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2003-12-15 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to typeset 2 A5 pages onto 1 A4 page in landscape format,
side by side. Thus typesetting the pages two at a time on one piece of
paper, in their natural order, seeing them as a spread.
Something like
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x                    x                   x
x         1         x         2        x   going on for 3, 4, etc.
x                    x                   x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I do not seem to get that job done. The context code I tried:
\setuppapersize[A5][A4,landscape]
\setuplayout[location=doublesided,marking=on,grid=yes,header=0mm,margin=
12mm]
\setuppagenumbering[location=footer,location=margin,alternative=doublesi
ded]
\setuparranging[2*1] % or [doublesided] or [mirrored]

The \setuparranging (in the above variations) sends TeX into an
infinite loop.
Of course [2*2] will not work, it gives booklets of 4 pages instead of
2.
Maybe it can be done without the \setuparranging, but I could not find
out how.

The context version I use is: ConTeXt  ver: 2003.12.12  fmt: 2003.12.13
  int: english  mes: english

I would appreciate some help very much.

Hans van der Meer