* Running a couple of context statements in a linux bash shell heredocument?
       [not found] <trinity-681d780b-da12-4adf-9321-a0b6f40c2186-1617222125521@3c-app-webde-bap37>
@ 2021-04-01 14:23 ` Alexander Rosenstock
From: Alexander Rosenstock @ 2021-04-01 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

* Re: Running a couple of context statements in a linux bash shell heredocument?
@ 2021-04-01 14:37   ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2021-04-01 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 2021-04-01 at 16:23 +0200, Alexander Rosenstock wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is it possible running a couple of context statements as a
> heredocument integrated in a - for example linux bash - shellscript?
> Do you have any experience or idea or alternative solution?

This will work, but only if file_that_does_not_exist (possibly with
additional file extensions) does not exist:

$ cat <<'EOF' | context file_that_does_not_exist
\starttext
Hello world!
\stoptext
EOF

Cheers, Henri

@ 2021-04-01 16:22     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2021-04-01 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021, Henri Menke wrote:

> On Thu, 2021-04-01 at 16:23 +0200, Alexander Rosenstock wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > is it possible running a couple of context statements as a
> > heredocument integrated in a - for example linux bash - shellscript?
> > Do you have any experience or idea or alternative solution?
> >

> This will work, but only if file_that_does_not_exist (possibly with
> additional file extensions) does not exist:
>
> $ cat <<'EOF' | context file_that_does_not_exist
> \starttext
> Hello world!
> \stoptext
> EOF

I couldn't get that to work but this works ...

$cat <<'EOF' | context --pipe
\starttext
Hello world!
\stoptext
EOF

Generates a file called cont-new.pdf. I could not change it using --result or --jobname.

Aditya

* Re: Running a couple of context statements in a linux bash shell heredocument?
@ 2021-04-01 17:15       ` a.rosenstock
From: a.rosenstock @ 2021-04-01 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context