* switching fonts
@ 1998-06-20 12:01 Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1998-06-20 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hai All,

How do I switch from cmr to postscript within context without getting .tfm
errors?

It seems context refers to a nonstandard (at least compared with latex's
\usepackage{times} command) kind of encoding. Is there a fix or workaround
available?

I have things like ptmr.tfm and ptmbi.tfm and ptmrre.tfm. ConTeXt looks for
things like 7ptrmtf.

Groetjes,

Berend.

* Re: switching fonts
@ 1998-06-21 18:19 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1998-06-21 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Taco Hoekwater

PS: Taco, one for you.

Berend de Boer wrote:

> Hai All,
>
> How do I switch from cmr to postscript within context without getting .tfm
> errors?
>
> It seems context refers to a nonstandard (at least compared with latex's
> \usepackage{times} command) kind of encoding. Is there a fix or workaround
> available?

Context refers to standard names, while tex users often use karl berry
ones, therefore try:

\stelkorpsin[kb,pos]   % == \setupbodyfont

(I don't have the CD here, so let me know if you need an update.)

> I have things like ptmr.tfm and ptmbi.tfm and ptmrre.tfm. ConTeXt looks for
> things like 7ptrmtf.

No! ... bf=tib at 10pt ... is internally assigned to 10ptrmbf so 7ptrmtf
is not the font name. Context searches for tib.tfm.

The latest release does things more clever:

  bf=TimesBold at 7pt

where

  TimesBold is mapped on tib or something ptmbi

Taco will work out some decent ps math support, and also will provide
asuitable set of decent tfm's (we strongly suggest texnansi encoding:
simple and good).

Hans

                                              Hans Hagen | PRAGMA
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma@wxs.nl