* \paragraph should give warning when \startkantlijn active
@ 1998-10-09  7:39 Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1998-10-09  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hai Hans,

I'm using \startkantlijn a lot, but frequently I forget or delete a
stopkantlijn. TeX gives the following error:

! Missing } inserted.
<inserted text>
                }
<to be read again>
                   \endgroup
l.1934 \stophoofdteksten

? x

Searching through large documents (with many subdocuments is time
consuming). Can \paragraph not give an error when a \startkantlijn is
active? A \startkantlijn cannot go across different paragraphs anyway (at
least it doesn't work, either intentional or not).

Groetjes,

Berend.

* Re: \paragraph should give warning when \startkantlijn active
@ 1998-10-09 13:09 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1998-10-09 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 'ntg-context@ntg.nl'

Berend de Boer wrote:

> I'm using \startkantlijn a lot, but frequently I forget or delete a
> stopkantlijn. TeX gives the following error:

Ah, the trick margin rules. Maybe you should use text annotations
(\startcomment text \stopcomment in interactive mode}. You can color
them, and they automatically stack in the margin of the next paragraph.
See 1998-001.pdf .

> Searching through large documents (with many subdocuments is time
> consuming). Can \paragraph not give an error when a \startkantlijn is
> active? A \startkantlijn cannot go across different paragraphs anyway (at
> least it doesn't work, either intentional or not).

\def\setupmarginrules%
  {\dodoubleargument\getparameters[\??ka]}

\definecomplexorsimple\startmarginrule

\def\simplestartmarginrule%
  {\bgroup
   \let\drawmarginrule=\relax
   \let\stopmarginrule=\dostopmarginrule
   \beginofshapebox}

\def\complexstartmarginrule[#1]%
  {\bgroup
   \let\drawmarginrule=\relax
   \ifnum#1<\@@kaniveau\relax
     \let\stopmarginrule=\egroup
   \else
     \def\@@kadefaultwidth{#1}%
     \let\stopmarginrule=\dostopmarginrule
     \expandafter\beginofshapebox
   \fi}

\def\dostopmarginrule%
  {\endofshapebox
   \reshapebox
     {\hbox{\inlinkermarge{\dodrawmarginrule}\box\shapebox}}%
   \flushshapebox
   \egroup}

This comes from core-rul.tex and works with multiple paragraphs, and as
far as I can test does not generate the message when a \stop.. is
missing.

This mechanism does not work well with e.g. opsommingen, ifonly because
tex does not offer hooks to unroll boxes etc etc savely (interfering
whatsits and so on).

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma@wxs.nl