* Building a sidebar
@ 2002-02-22 17:30 John Culleton
       [not found] ` <200202242120.g1OLKmE01634@nathir.fiee.lan>
From: John Culleton @ 2002-02-22 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

 I want to build a routine that will allow for sidebars.
In plain tex I modified the final output routine in
the TeXBook page 257  to use
unequal width columns (one of which is really the sidebar.)
In Context, can I ask for double columns on a page, one wider
than the other? How?

Are there more elegant solutions to the sidebar problem?

John Culleton

* Re: Building a sidebar
       [not found]   ` <02022509304000.26389@publish>
@ 2002-02-25 20:31     ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2002-02-25 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Am Montag, 25. Februar 2002 15:30 schrieb John Culleton:
> On the font question: I am on a detective task. I know that
> the plain tex command \font works reliably. Now I have to figure
> out the internal font names used in Context so I can create fonts with
> the correct names for various uses. If I have any successes I will
> post them.
> I have given up on the elaborate
> and generally non-functioning font mechanisms built in to Context,

I disagree.
It *is* working (I use it successful on Linux and Windows), even if
a bit "verbose". If you get used to it, it's nice and flexible.

You should really avoid plain tex tinkering! I can't be robust with all of
ConTeXt's extensive mapping and remapping.

> I note that one of the anchors in ``Context: an
> Excursion'' is an exit anchor that kills the job. How is this
> accomplished?

Use
\but [CloseDocument] Exit \\
within a \start/stopinteractionmenu

> Indeed many of my questions could be answered with a copy of the
> source for
> e.g., the above referenced manual. Is is posted anywhere?

No.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!