From: John Culleton <john@wexfordpress.com>
Cc: "ntg-context" <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Subject: Re: Context manuals
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 15:09:06 -0500	[thread overview]

On Wednesday 20 February 2002 13:57, W. Egger wrote:
> May be we could setup a 'channel' that persons who would like to
> buy a bound copy rather than print it themselves could order it. -
> I believe that the numbers wouldn't be excessive and that we could
> have the manuals printed e.g. in my neighbourhood and I could bind
> them by hand. - The question is how to organize this matter:
> through Pragma or W. Egger (BOEDE)?
>
> Personally I would be interested to set it up.
>
> Groet Willi

I suggest that considering postage costs and delays
 we need two outlets --- one European
and one U. S. and Canada. I have the sense that Context is more used
in
Europe than here. But perhaps some readers can respond to the list
who are on this side of the water and who would pay for a copy of
one or more books.

With POD technology creating and even binding the books would not be
difficult. The use of color on the pages presents a problem however.
On my laser printer (yes, I finally printed them out) the section
header pages came out gray on gray, not something someone would pay
big bucks for :-) But color printing either from POD or a copy shop
 would be a bit pricey. So perhaps a pdf file in black and white
 would be needed.

--
John Culleton, john@wexfordpress.com
   Able Indexers and Typesetters