* Two anomalies
@ 2002-04-05 16:56 John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2002-04-05 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

1: I created a sidebar in the margin and gave it
a grey backgound with:
\startmarginblock
\startbackground
\setuptolerance[horizontal,tolerant]
(etc)
 A total of 13 lines were typeset. The background screen was
 interrupted with a white bar between line 11 and 12.

 2: I used the following near the end of a page:

 \startTEX

\def\chapter#1{#1}

\stopTEX

This typeset correctly but two more lines were typeset past the
bottom of the text area (as verified by \showframe.)

I can live with the first and kludge my way around the second
but I thought someone should know :-|

D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
             http://www.doteasy.com

* Re: Two anomalies
@ 2002-04-05 17:33 ` John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2002-04-05 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday 05 April 2002 11:56, John Culleton wrote:
> 1: I created a sidebar in the margin and gave it
> a grey backgound with:
> \startmarginblock
> \startbackground
> \setuptolerance[horizontal,tolerant]
> (etc)
>  A total of 13 lines were typeset. The background screen was
>  interrupted with a white bar between line 11 and 12.
>
>  2: I used the following near the end of a page:
>
>  \startTEX
>
> \def\chapter#1{#1}
>
> \stopTEX
>
> This typeset correctly but two more lines were typeset past the
> bottom of the text area (as verified by \showframe.)
>
> I can live with the first and kludge my way around the second
> but I thought someone should know :-|

Just discovered that the two problems were related. If I eliminate the
marginal note the page breaking problem goes away.  So there is
some occult relationship --- problem 1. somehow causes problem
2.

--
John Culleton, john@wexfordpress.com
   Able Indexers and Typesetters