* Re: Howto ... reference of sources
@ 2002-04-11  7:18 Peter Jander
From: Peter Jander @ 2002-04-11  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Earlier I tryed to put this reference into captions, but  after
> generatin list of floats, this references appeared and the list was too
> long. Is there any way to state text in caption but not in list of
> float?
\nolist{ This text will only show in the caption, but not in the list of
figures.}

Hope this helps,
Peter

* Re: Howto ... reference of sources
@ 2002-04-11  7:50 ` Jan Hon
From: Jan Hon @ 2002-04-11  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dne čt 11. duben 2002 09:18 Peter Jander napsal(a):
> > Earlier I tryed to put this reference into captions, but  after
> > generatin list of floats, this references appeared and the list was too
> > long. Is there any way to state text in caption but not in list of
> > float?
>
> \nolist{ This text will only show in the caption, but not in the list of
> figures.}
This is fine but in the list are dots, they normaly shows that captions
continue. But the reference is not a part of the name of float. Is there
any way to force this dots not to appear.

I have one more question. How to write in Context this charecter § , I gues
it is called single sign. I tryed \S like in TeX but it does not work. Any
idea?
--
(:c) honza hon  <honzahon(at)centrum.cz>

* Re: Howto ... reference of sources
@ 2002-04-11  7:52 ` Peter Jander
From: Peter Jander @ 2002-04-11  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

From:           	Jan Hon <jan.hon@hon.cz>
Send reply to:  	honzahon@centrum.cz
To: 	"Peter Jander" <pj@orc.soton.ac.uk>,
  	"ntg-context@ntg.nl" <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Subject:        	Re: Howto ... reference of sources
Date sent:      	Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:50:11 +0200

> Dne  t 11. duben 2002 09:18 Peter Jander napsal(a):
> > > Earlier I tryed to put this reference into captions, but  after
> > > generatin list of floats, this references appeared and the list was too
> > > long. Is there any way to state text in caption but not in list of
> > > float?
> >
> > \nolist{ This text will only show in the caption, but not in the list of
> > figures.}
> This is fine but in the list are dots, they normaly shows that captions
> continue. But the reference is not a part of the name of float. Is there
> any way to force this dots not to appear.
You can redefine \nolist in the setup of your document:
\def\nolist#1{}

Peter

NB
Hans,
if you have spare time on your hands :-), I think a \setupnolist
command to avoid this low-level stuff would be helpful.

* Re: Howto ... reference of sources
@ 2002-04-14 21:06   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-04-14 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: honzahon, ntg-context

At 07:52 AM 4/11/2002 +0000, Peter Jander wrote:

>You can redefine \nolist in the setup of your document:
>\def\nolist#1{}

or: \let\nolist\gobbleoneargument

>if you have spare time on your hands :-), I think a \setupnolist
>command to avoid this low-level stuff would be helpful.

ah, spare time, where can i buy that, anyway, cleaning up lists is on my
todo list (this nolist stuff is pretty old)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re[2]: Howto ... reference of sources
@ 2002-04-15 12:10     ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-04-15 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Sunday, April 14, 2002 Hans Hagen wrote:

HH> ah, spare time, where can i buy that, anyway, cleaning up lists is on my
HH> todo list (this nolist stuff is pretty old)

Is cleaning the todo list on your todo list as well? :-D

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re[2]: Howto ... reference of sources
@ 2002-04-15 14:04       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-04-15 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:10 PM 4/15/2002 +0200, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>Sunday, April 14, 2002 Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>HH> ah, spare time, where can i buy that, anyway, cleaning up lists is on my
>HH> todo list (this nolist stuff is pretty old)
>
>Is cleaning the todo list on your todo list as well? :-D

actually i'm cleaning up my desk now (a real mess, extended to the floor)
and i just fetched a new basket for these 'small todo' notes -)

real paperwork, not electronically, was there anything on your
'for-hans-to-do-list' left?

[reminds me, italian does use << >> and these are now redone on behalf of
french, how about spacing around them]

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re[3]: Howto ... reference of sources
@ 2002-04-15 21:18         ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-04-15 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Monday, April 15, 2002 Hans Hagen wrote:

HH> real paperwork, not electronically, was there anything on your
HH> 'for-hans-to-do-list' left?

Uhm. Can't think of any right now. I suspended the document with
all the floats and tables by now, soooooooo ...

Ok, a couple of things that come to mind:

(1) both left and right floats on the same paragraph.
(2) side-by-side floats
(3) split floats (important for long tables, floating.)
(4) multiple paragraphs shaped around a single float (imagine a
long but thin picture, and two or three paragraphs shaped around
it); thus, automatic heritage of the remaining parshape (this
shouldn't be hard to do in e-TeX).

HH> [reminds me, italian does use << >> and these are now redone on behalf of
HH> french, how about spacing around them]

(5) complete encoding vectors
(6) multiple speech-like quoting. (So that I can define a
speech-like quoting for speech, one for thoughts, etc.)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: Re[3]: Howto ... reference of sources
@ 2002-04-16  8:59           ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2002-04-16  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii", Size: 330 bytes --]

Hello Giuseppe,

> (5) complete encoding vectors

you mean the enco-{ans,tbo,ec}.tex? I am working on this, 95% finished,
sending Hans by the end of the week. regi-il1 needs some work, too but I
have not looked into this too deeply.

--
Viele Grüße,

    Patrick Gundlach

PS: sorry Hans, I have sent you a copy by accident.

* Re[5]: Howto ... reference of sources
@ 2002-04-16 12:00             ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-04-16 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Tuesday, April 16, 2002 Patrick Gundlach wrote:

PG> Hello Giuseppe,

>> (5) complete encoding vectors

PG> you mean the enco-{ans,tbo,ec}.tex? I am working on this, 95% finished,
PG> sending Hans by the end of the week. regi-il1 needs some work, too but I
PG> have not looked into this too deeply.

Thank you very much. I enormously appreciate your work.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta