* Overwritten text with newcolumnsets
@ 2018-02-06 20:51 Charles Vejnar
From: Charles Vejnar @ 2018-02-06 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I am trying to get a two-column document with figures. After failing
with \startcolumns, I tried with newcolumnsets. But the most basic
example (see below) is not working properly. The text at the bottom of
the first page gets overwritten by the first two line of the column.

I think this problem was also reported on Sept 22, 2016 by Jose Luis
Arellano on this mailing-list.

Do you confirm the problem? Any way/plan to fix it?

Thanks so much for your help.

Best,
Charles

% start of example
\usemodule[newcolumnsets]
\definecolumnset[example][n=2]
\starttext
\startcolumnset[example]
\dorecurse{12}{\input knuth \par}
\stopcolumnset
\stoptext
% end of example

* Re: Overwritten text with newcolumnsets
@ 2018-02-06 23:03 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2018-02-06 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2/6/2018 9:51 PM, Charles Vejnar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get a two-column document with figures. After failing
> with \startcolumns, I tried with newcolumnsets. But the most basic
> example (see below) is not working properly. The text at the bottom of
> the first page gets overwritten by the first two line of the column.
>
> I think this problem was also reported on Sept 22, 2016 by Jose Luis
> Arellano on this mailing-list.
>
> Do you confirm the problem? Any way/plan to fix it?
>
> Thanks so much for your help.
>
> Best,
> Charles
>

> % start of example
> \usemodule[newcolumnsets]
> \definecolumnset[example][n=2]
> \starttext
> \startcolumnset[example]
> \dorecurse{12}{\input knuth \par}
> \stopcolumnset
> \stoptext
> % end of example
i'm not surew what goes wrong there but you can best run with

\setuplayout[grid=yes]

* Re: Overwritten text with newcolumnsets
@ 2018-02-08  4:22   ` Charles Vejnar
From: Charles Vejnar @ 2018-02-08  4:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Hagen, ntg-context

Thanks Hans. It did fix it.

I am trying to add a figure now using \placefigure. But the placement in
brackets is always ignored. AFAIK it's normal to get a figure at the top
of a new page when it's larger than a column but it's also always on the
left. I would like to get it horizontally centered (on the top of the

Thanks again for your help.

Charles

@ 2018-02-08  9:38     ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2018-02-08  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2018-02-08 um 05:22 schrieb Charles Vejnar <charles.vejnar@yale.edu>:

> I am trying to add a figure now using \placefigure. But the placement in brackets is always ignored. AFAIK it's normal to get a figure at the top of a new page when it's larger than a column but it's also always on the left. I would like to get it horizontally centered (on the top of the next page as it is already). Any way to achieve that?

Please show us your code, otherwise nobody can spot the problem.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
GPG Key ID 1C9B22FD

* Re: Overwritten text with newcolumnsets
@ 2018-02-08 15:49       ` Charles Vejnar
From: Charles Vejnar @ 2018-02-08 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henning Hraban Ramm, ntg-context

Here it is:

\usemodule[newcolumnsets]
\setuplayout[grid=yes]
\setupbodyfont[10pt]
\definecolumnset[example][n=2]
\starttext
\startcolumnset[example]
\dorecurse{7}{\input knuth \par}
\placefigure[center]{Legend.}{\hbox{\externalfigure[dummy][height=8cm]}}
\dorecurse{8}{\input knuth \par}
\stopcolumnset
\stoptext