* Courier font in TexLive
@ 2010-04-06 19:37 ` Tom
From: Tom @ 2010-04-06 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

The code that follows seems to work but gives me a warning:
pdfTeX warning: pdftex.exe (file ec-urw-courier.map): cannot open font map
file
The PDF lists 3 embedded fonts: LMRoman10-Regular, LMSans10-Regular &
NimbusMonL-Regu.
Does NumbusMonl-Regu looks like Courier?

\usetypescriptfile[type-win]
\usetypescript[courier]
\setupbodyfont[courier,tt,10pt]
\definetypeface[TeleType][tt][mono][courier][default][encoding=ec]
\usetypescriptfile[type-lucida]
\setupbodyfont[lucida,ss,18pt]
\definetypeface[TextFont][rm][serif][lucida][default][encoding=ec]
\switchtotypeface[TextFont][12pt,rm]
\starttext
\input knuth
\blank[big]
\switchtotypeface[TeleType][tt,10pt]
\input knuth
\stoptext

Tom Benjey
717-258-9733 voice
717-243-0074 fax
Twitter: @TomBenjey

* Re: Courier font in TexLive
@ 2010-04-06 23:07   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-04-06 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 21:37, Tom wrote:
> The code that follows seems to work but gives me a warning:
> pdfTeX warning: pdftex.exe (file ec-urw-courier.map): cannot open font map
> file
> The PDF lists 3 embedded fonts: LMRoman10-Regular, LMSans10-Regular &
> NimbusMonL-Regu.
> Does NumbusMonl-Regu looks like Courier?

Which version of TeX Live are you using? With TL 2009 (or maybe I have
an updated version) I get TeX Gyre Cursor without any warning
(provided that I remove the first line that loads type-win). TG Cursor
does look like Courier.

Mojca

* Re: Courier font in TexLive
@ 2010-04-07  0:23     ` Tom
From: Tom @ 2010-04-07  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using TextLive 2008.

ConTeXt  ver: 2008.05.21 15:21 MKII  fmt: 2009.7.8  int: english/english

Tom Benjey
717-258-9733 voice
717-243-0074 fax
Twitter: @TomBenjey

@ 2010-04-07 13:31       ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-04-07 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 02:23, Tom wrote:
> I'm using TextLive 2008.

There used to be a zip with special font-support files for ConTeXt,
but I have no idea where those zips can be found now. (Maybe old DVDs
with TeX Live include the whole ConTeXt distribution.)

The easiest answer would be: "try to use a more recent ConTeXt
version". Else you can still try to write your own map file, but that
takes a bit of patience and knowledge (not particularly recommended).

Mojca

* Re: Courier font in TexLive
@ 2010-04-07 15:38         ` Tom
From: Tom @ 2010-04-07 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

It appears that the Nimbus Mono L font that was substituted is close enough
to Courier for my purpose. The only place I use it is for a single, short
telegram. I will consider getting a newer version of TexLive for my next
book. You make a good argument for getting it on DVD rather than downloading
it.

Tom Benjey
717-258-9733 voice
717-243-0074 fax
Twitter: @TomBenjey

@ 2010-04-07 15:59           ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-04-07 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 17:38, Tom wrote:
> It appears that the Nimbus Mono L font that was substituted is close enough
> to Courier for my purpose. The only place I use it is for a single, short
> telegram.

In that case it should be doable to write a line or two for the map file.

Mojca