* I think that I need professional help... :-)
@ 2006-06-29 15:38 Thomas Moore
From: Thomas Moore @ 2006-06-29 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have been looking at what I have left to accomplish before my
classes begin in the fall, and I am realizing that I am running out
of time that I can afford to spend learning more about ConTeXt.
However, I would really like to give ConTeXt a fair shake, because I
believe that it might be what I need for the future. I would also
like to take Hans's good advice about setting up some basic page
layouts and then working on the structure of my book in the process
of converting it.

But before I commit to the conversion, however, I need to know for
certain that ConTeXt can handle the page layouts that I need. I need
to duplicate (at least roughly) the three major page layouts that
appear in my published text "Six Ideas That Shaped Physics":  a two-
page spread that opens each chapter, the chapter body style, and a
two-column layout for homework problems at the end of the chapter. In
the thread entitled "Newbie questions" on this list, I have been
attempting to address the second of these three layouts. That layout
is almost done, except for finding a workaround for a possible bug,
and the others should be somewhat easier, though still will involve
some work.

I think that I can spring loose up to a few hundred dollars from my
departmental budget to pay a consultant to help me finish setting up
these page layouts so that I can focus on the writing issues.

Would anyone on the list be interested in being hired to work on
these layouts? If so, please contact me off-list, and I will describe
the layouts I need in more detail and ask for a bid.

Thanks for any interest,

Thomas Moore

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-06-29 15:38 UTC | newest]