Am 13.08.2014 um 20:56 schrieb Rik Kabel : > Dear list, > > In a number of notes (recent and in the list archive) I have seen \resetsetups, used (always) as in a block of code like this from Gerben Wierde: > \startsetups chapter:before > \page[left] > \noheaderandfooterlines > \startalignment[left,nothyphenated] > \startnarrower[4*left] > \em \getbuffer[chapter:quote] > \stopnarrower > \stopalignment > \resetsetups[quote:text] > \page[right] > \noheaderandfooterlines > \blank[force,2*big] > \stopsetups > > What is the purpose of \resetsetups in this code? I see no different result without it, and all I can determine from list and document searches is that this is a vestigal command from x-fo processing. With the \resetsetups command you can remove a previously created setups environment. As you can see from the following example “mysetups” doesn’t exist anymore after the \resetsetups command. \startsetups[mysetups] Dummy text. \stopsetups \starttext \doifsetupselse{mysetups}{YES}{NO} \resetsetups[mysetups] \doifsetupselse{mysetups}{YES}{NO} \stoptext Wolfgang