Hi Luigi, I did a test with mkiv (see the tex file attached), and then tested the resulting pdf file on the site you mentioned, http://www.pdf-tools.com/pdf/validate-pdfa-online.aspx Unfortunately it says that the PDF produced by mkiv is not conform: test-PDF-A-1b.pdf does not conform to PDF/A. Validating file "test-PDF-A-1b.pdf" for conformance level pdfa-1a Invalid content of XMP packet header attribute 'id': 'dtlnfbrryjnvabnrajbkrpyw'. dc:description :: Wrong value type. Expected type 'lang alt'. The XMP property 'pdfaid:conformance' has the invalid value 'B'. Required is 'A'. The key MarkInfo is required but missing. A device-specific color space (DeviceGray) without an appropriate output intent is used. The document does not conform to the requested standard. The document contains device-specific color spaces. The document's meta data is either missing or inconsistent or corrupt. The document doesn't provide appropriate logical structure information. Done. So, I don’t know how to solve the issue of creating a PDF/A. Thanks for any hint. Best regards: OK