* Alignment of graphs/metafun
@ 2003-03-24 12:33 Maarten Sneep
From: Maarten Sneep @ 2003-03-24 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Context,

I (intend to) use metapost/metafun and m-graph to make my graphs.

The graph module of metapost puts the origin at the left-bottom of the graph
area, and the tick-marks and axis-labels are at negative positions (i.e. to
the left or to the bottom of the zero line). This is nice, and I'd like to
use this.

I'd like to achieve the following effect: The graph-area is left-aligned with
the text (has the width of the text-column), while the tick-marks and
vertical axis label stick into the (left) margin.

Furthermore (but possibly even harder) I'd like the tick-marks (at least the
unrotated ones...) to be aligned with the grid I'm using.

I can change the height of the graphs to match the grid nicely, but do you
have any clues where to start? The problem I have is that the amount to
overlap into the left margin is highly variable. The vertical alignment is
possibly even trickier.

Kind regards,

Maarten Sneep

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-03-24 12:33 UTC | newest]