* The rules of Chinese breaking lines don't work
@ 2008-11-28  9:57 Yanrui Li
From: Yanrui Li @ 2008-11-28  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Today  when I updated the newest beta,  I found that Chinese breaking
lines failed. This is a simple test file:

%%
\definefontfeature
	[zh][mode=node,script=hang,lang=zhs]
\definefontsynonym
	[SongTi][AdobeSongStd-Light][features=zh]
\definefont
	[song][SongTi at 12pt]

\starttext
\song

天下事有难易乎?为之,则难者易易也。
不为,则易者易难也。蜀之鄙有二僧,其一贫,其一富。
贫者语于富者曰:吾欲之南海何如?

\stoptext
%%

The attachment with this mail is the PDF file which I got by compiling
the example as above.

I noticed that the font-ini.mkiv was modified in newest beta (because
I manage the beta with git in my machine). Maybe the problem is
related to it.

--
Best wishes,
Li Yanrui

* Re: The rules of Chinese breaking lines don't work
@ 2008-11-28  9:59 ` Yanrui Li
From: Yanrui Li @ 2008-11-28  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

2008/11/28 Yanrui Li <liyanrui.m2@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Today  when I updated the newest beta,  I found that Chinese breaking
> lines failed. This is a simple test file:
>
> %%
> \definefontfeature
>        [zh][mode=node,script=hang,lang=zhs]
> \definefontsynonym
>        [SongTi][AdobeSongStd-Light][features=zh]
> \definefont
>        [song][SongTi at 12pt]
>
> \starttext
> \song
>
> 天下事有难易乎?为之,则难者易易也。
> 不为,则易者易难也。蜀之鄙有二僧,其一贫,其一富。
> 贫者语于富者曰:吾欲之南海何如?
>
> \stoptext
> %%
>
> The attachment with this mail is the PDF file which I got by compiling
> the example as above.
>
> I noticed that the font-ini.mkiv was modified in newest beta (because
> I manage the beta with git in my machine). Maybe the problem is
> related to it.
>
> --
> Best wishes,
> Li Yanrui

I am sorry. I forgot upload the attachment. It is here.

--
Best wishes,
Li Yanrui

[-- Attachment #2: test.pdf --]

* Re: The rules of Chinese breaking lines don't work
@ 2008-11-28 10:45   ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-11-28 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think there is a bug in font-ini.mkiv.

@ 2008-11-28 18:42   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-11-28 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: test-5.pdf --]

Am 28.11.2008 um 10:59 schrieb Yanrui Li:

> 2008/11/28 Yanrui Li <liyanrui.m2@gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Today  when I updated the newest beta,  I found that Chinese breaking
>> lines failed. This is a simple test file:
>>
>> %%
>> \definefontfeature
>>       [zh][mode=node,script=hang,lang=zhs]
>> \definefontsynonym
>>       [SongTi][AdobeSongStd-Light][features=zh]
>> \definefont
>>       [song][SongTi at 12pt]
>>
>> \starttext
>> \song
>>
>> 天下事有难易乎?为之,则难者易易也。
>> 不为,则易者易难也。蜀之鄙有二僧,其一贫,其一
>> 富。
>> 贫者语于富者曰:吾欲之南海何如?
>>
>> \stoptext
>> %%
>>
>> The attachment with this mail is the PDF file which I got by
>> compiling
>> the example as above.
>>
>> I noticed that the font-ini.mkiv was modified in newest beta (because
>> I manage the beta with git in my machine). Maybe the problem is
>> related to it.
>>
>> --
>> Best wishes,
>> Li Yanrui
>>

> I am sorry. I forgot upload the attachment. It is here.

I can't reproduce your problem, the output on my side is as expected.

Wolfgang

* Re: The rules of Chinese breaking lines don't work
@ 2008-11-29  6:16     ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-11-29  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here's mine.
I use ConTeXt - 2008.11.10 21:40 and LuaTeX 0.30.3.

2008/11/28 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>:

> Am 28.11.2008 um 10:59 schrieb Yanrui Li:
>
>> 2008/11/28 Yanrui Li <liyanrui.m2@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Today  when I updated the newest beta,  I found that Chinese breaking
>>> lines failed. This is a simple test file:
>>>
>>> %%
>>> \definefontfeature
>>>      [zh][mode=node,script=hang,lang=zhs]
>>> \definefontsynonym
>>>      [SongTi][AdobeSongStd-Light][features=zh]
>>> \definefont
>>>      [song][SongTi at 12pt]
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>> \song
>>>
>>> 天下事有难易乎?为之,则难者易易也。
>>> 不为,则易者易难也。蜀之鄙有二僧,其一贫,其一富。
>>> 贫者语于富者曰:吾欲之南海何如?
>>>
>>> \stoptext
>>> %%
>>>
>>> The attachment with this mail is the PDF file which I got by compiling
>>> the example as above.
>>>
>>> I noticed that the font-ini.mkiv was modified in newest beta (because
>>> I manage the beta with git in my machine). Maybe the problem is
>>> related to it.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best wishes,
>>> Li Yanrui
>>>

>> I am sorry. I forgot upload the attachment. It is here.
>
> I can't reproduce your problem, the output on my side is as expected.
>
> Wolfgang

[-- Attachment #2: a.pdf --]

[-- Attachment #3: a.tex --]

* Re: The rules of Chinese breaking lines don't work
@ 2008-11-29  6:22       ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-11-29  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang, seems that you should update your context minimal to
reproduce this problem.

@ 2008-11-29  8:53         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-11-29  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 29.11.2008 um 07:22 schrieb Yue Wang:

> Here's mine.
> I use ConTeXt - 2008.11.10 21:40 and LuaTeX 0.30.3.
>
> Wolfgang, seems that you should update your context minimal to
> reproduce this problem.

Why should I upgrade to a version that to a version (with the same
version number as mine) that won't work as I want?

Wolfgang

* Re: The rules of Chinese breaking lines don't work
@ 2008-11-29  8:59           ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-11-29  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

because some files are upgraded in the TRUNK. but the context.tex
remains the same.

@ 2008-11-30 22:28           ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2008-11-30 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 9:03 PM, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny@???> wrote:

>>> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 11:54:50AM +0000, Yue Wang wrote:
>>> Hi, Hans:
>>>
>>> This is a serious bug, and actually this is why chinese is not
>>> working
>>> in LiYanrui's mail.
>
>> Font features don't work in typescripts, but still working for
>> \font\foo=foo*fea

> Yes, that's what the demo file shows.

I have to chime in: font features are not working in luatex 0.30.3; I
tried both the snapshot and compiled revision 1594 myself; both have
this problem. Since the ConTeXt version hasn't changed, it must be a
bug in luatex itself.

Thomas

* Re: The rules of Chinese breaking lines don't work
@ 2008-12-01  2:28             ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-12-01  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I have to chime in: font features are not working in luatex 0.30.3; I
> tried both the snapshot and compiled revision 1594 myself; both have
> this problem. Since the ConTeXt version hasn't changed, it must be a
> bug in luatex itself.

no, it's a bug of ConTeXt. Hans had already fixed that.

(Context version hasn't changed, but the font-ini.mkiv changed in the TRUNK.
with the new font-ini.mkiv from Hans, the problem is solved.
remember: ConTeXt version is only the number defined in context.tex file.
If other files are changed, the ConTeXt version remains the same)

Yue Wang

@ 2008-12-01  7:48               ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2008-12-01  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Dec 1, 2008, at 3:28 AM, Yue Wang wrote:

> no, it's a bug of ConTeXt. Hans had already fixed that.
>
> (Context version hasn't changed, but the font-ini.mkiv changed in
> the TRUNK.
> with the new font-ini.mkiv from Hans, the problem is solved.
> remember: ConTeXt version is only the number defined in context.tex
> file.
> If other files are changed, the ConTeXt version remains the same)

Ah OK, thanks for the pointer! You're right, it works now. By TRUNK,
you mean the alpha version that Hans posted yesterday?

Thomas

* Re: The rules of Chinese breaking lines don't work
@ 2008-12-01 12:24                 ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-12-01 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 7:48 AM, Thomas A. Schmitz
<thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de> wrote:

> On Dec 1, 2008, at 3:28 AM, Yue Wang wrote:
>
>> no, it's a bug of ConTeXt. Hans had already fixed that.
>>
>> (Context version hasn't changed, but the font-ini.mkiv changed in
>> the TRUNK.
>> with the new font-ini.mkiv from Hans, the problem is solved.
>> remember: ConTeXt version is only the number defined in context.tex
>> file.
>> If other files are changed, the ConTeXt version remains the same)
>>

> Ah OK, thanks for the pointer! You're right, it works now. By TRUNK,
> you mean the alpha version that Hans posted yesterday?

no. I mean the minimals repository.
the alpha version of ConTeXt is not in the repo yet.
yesterday, the repo only update two files (mtxrun and font-ini.mkiv).
and the version number is still 2008.11.10