* hbadness crippled?
@ 2012-03-18 18:56 Meer, H. van der
From: Meer, H. van der @ 2012-03-18 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt NTG

Setting the distance parameter for item list to something greater than zero:
  \setupitemgroup[itemize][each][joinedup,packed][distance=3pt]
generates in item lists overfull boxes: Overfull \hbox (3.0pt too wide).

(1) At the time I teached programming we always learned students "Silence the compiler".
Allthough this message does no harm (only annoying me), I wonder why is it appearing?
Setting distance seems quite normal. The extra space is exactly the added distance (confirmed by varying its size.)

(2) TeX used to keep silent on these messages when one set \hbadness=10000. But that does not work for me. Not even putting it right in front of \startitem content\stopitem, makes the warning go away.

Is there a solution?

Hans van der Meer

* Re: hbadness crippled?
@ 2012-03-18 19:14 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-03-18 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 18.03.2012 um 19:56 schrieb Meer, H. van der:

> Setting the distance parameter for item list to something greater than zero:
>  \setupitemgroup[itemize][each][joinedup,packed][distance=3pt]
> generates in item lists overfull boxes: Overfull \hbox (3.0pt too wide).
>
> (1) At the time I teached programming we always learned students "Silence the compiler".
> Allthough this message does no harm (only annoying me), I wonder why is it appearing?
> Setting distance seems quite normal. The extra space is exactly the added distance (confirmed by varying its size.)
>
> (2) TeX used to keep silent on these messages when one set \hbadness=10000. But that does not work for me. Not even putting it right in front of \startitem content\stopitem, makes the warning go away.
>
> Is there a solution?

No example no solution!

When you report a problem you should also provide a example which demonstrates it because I don’t get a overfull box with this example:

\setupitemgroup[itemize][each][joinedup,packed][distance=3pt]

\starttext

before

\startitemize
\startitem \input ward \stopitem