I am struggling with getting the first pages of my chapters laid out as desired. What I want on the top third of the page is a roughly 2 inch square graphic on the left with the chapter number and chapter title on the right in large print. The following chunk errors out as shown but works when hard-coded. Am I headed off in the wrong direction by trying to use columns in this way? Previously, I tried treating the chapter number and title as text with startfiguretext. It works but I can't format the chapter titles to fit properly. Any suggestions for a ConTeXt beginner? \def\ChapterTop#1#2{ \startcolumns[n=2] \placefigure[left]{none}{\externalfigure[chief]} \column \switchtobodyfont[26pt] {\ss\bf\sl #1} \blank[large]\blank[large] {\ss\bf #2} \stopcolumns} \setuphead[chapter] [command=\ChapterTop, header=high,footer=pagenumber,page=center] \input c:. %chapter used to test the code Tom Benjey 717-258-9733 voice 717-243-0074 fax Twitter: @TomBenjey Football player w C small