I don’t unterstand \startfrontmatter, \starbodymatter etc. I thought, the frontmatter has roman numerals, the bodymatter normal and so on. This is not automatically so. Now founf how to make this, bus the problem is: I can’t reset the page number. I believed, it shoul work like this: \startfrontmatter \setupuserpagenumber[numberconversion=Romannumerals] % some stuff \stopfrontmatter \startbodymatter \setupuserpagenumber[numberconversion=numbers] \setnumber[page]{1} %some stuff \stopbodymatter This doesn’t work, may be because \setnumber is not a command in ConTeXt? Where is my error?