* pdfetex warnings and lmr
@ 2005-09-19 14:33 Otared KAVIAN
From: Otared KAVIAN @ 2005-09-19 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I just upgraded to the latest ConTeXT
(ConTeXt  ver: 2005.09.14  fmt: 2005.9.19  int: english  mes: english)
and now I cannot typeset anything...
For instance the following minimal example results in an empty PDF:

\starttext
This is a test.
\stoptext

The log file says among other things:

Warning: pdfetex (file lm-ec.enc): cannot open encoding file for reading
</usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/type1/public/lm/lmr12.pfb
Warning: pdfetex (file /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/type1/public/lm
/lmr12.pfb): character 46 is mapped to .notdef

and a few other warnings about characters 49 and so on.

Since I have been away from the follow up of the changes occured for a
while, can anyone give a clue?

Thanks in advance: OK

* Re: pdfetex warnings and lmr
@ 2005-09-19 14:40 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-09-19 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Otared KAVIAN wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just upgraded to the latest ConTeXT
> (ConTeXt  ver: 2005.09.14  fmt: 2005.9.19  int: english  mes: english)

I assume you also need the latest cont-lmt.zip for that, but I
admit I am only guessing. I do not have the 'latest/beta' installed,
myself.

> The log file says among other things:
>
> Warning: pdfetex (file lm-ec.enc): cannot open encoding file for reading

This is the source of all the other warnings.

Cheers, Taco

* Re: pdfetex warnings and lmr
@ 2005-09-19 14:51   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-09-19 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: otared

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Otared KAVIAN wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just upgraded to the latest ConTeXT
>> (ConTeXt  ver: 2005.09.14  fmt: 2005.9.19  int: english  mes: english)
>

> I assume you also need the latest cont-lmt.zip for that, but I
> admit I am only guessing. I do not have the 'latest/beta' installed,
> myself.
>
>> The log file says among other things:
>>
>> Warning: pdfetex (file lm-ec.enc): cannot open encoding file for reading
>

> This is the source of all the other warnings.

here was a change in name of the enc files ... and there is no way to convince distributers to be that downward compatible -)

(maybe i should ship the old files)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: pdfetex warnings and lmr
@ 2005-09-19 16:00 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-09-19 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Otared KAVIAN wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I just upgraded to the latest ConTeXT
>(ConTeXt  ver: 2005.09.14  fmt: 2005.9.19  int: english  mes: english)
>and now I cannot typeset anything...
>For instance the following minimal example results in an empty PDF:
>
>\starttext
>This is a test.
>\stoptext
>
>The log file says among other things:
>
>Warning: pdfetex (file lm-ec.enc): cannot open encoding file for reading
></usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/type1/public/lm/lmr12.pfb
>Warning: pdfetex (file /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/type1/public/lm
>/lmr12.pfb): character 46 is mapped to .notdef
>
>and a few other warnings about characters 49 and so on.
>
>Since I have been away from the follow up of the changes occured for a
>while, can anyone give a clue?

as others already suggested: also update the latin modern fonts

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: pdfetex warnings and lmr
@ 2005-09-19 18:43   ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2005-09-19 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Thanks, as suggested by Taco and you, I downloaded cont-lmt.zip and
now everything works as expected.
Somehow I missed the change which occured this summer: sorry for
having disturbed you.

Best regards: OK