Thanks for the cont-sys tip, good to know. Yes, I have used \definesynonyms, but I need abbreviations to have three levels: the abbreviation itself, the meaning of abbreviation and the description of the abbreviation (for example, "WWW" is short for "World Wide Web" and is described as a "Worldwide interconnected mess of multimedia, which took off in early 90's."). ConTeXt synonyms seem to have two. I'm sure there are a million ways of doing this. I decided to implement it from the ground up to learn some plain TeX. But now I need to integrate my macros with ConTeXt to make passing the lists graceful without extra auxiliary files and forced double runs. And as for the reply button, I guess I have to subscribe to get the mails in my mailbox. I'll do that now ;) Jyrki