* \startplacefigure and \startframedtext in lmtx
@ 2020-06-09  9:04 Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2020-06-09  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I just noticed that in lmtx, the commands \startplacefigure and \startframedtext, when used together, do not behave in the same way as they do in mkiv.
I wonder whether this is a permanent change or rather a buglet.

I found a fix around the issue, but since in my document I have a certain number of cases where such combinations are used, I woul dlike to be sure to not make a mistake by changing all the instances… Here is an example:

%% begin figure-framedtext.tex
\useMPlibrary[dum]
\defineexternalfigure[dummy]

\starttext
\startplacefigure[location=left,number=no,title={}]
	\externalfigure[dummy][width=.45\textwidth]
\stopplacefigure
\dontleavehmode % if this is commented out then the text and the figure are placed on top of each other
\startframedtext[frame=off]
	\input ward.tex
\stopframedtext
\stoptext
%% end figure-framedtext.tex

In the above example the fix is to add \dontleavehmode between the figue and the framedtext. If one comments out that line then the issue can be seen.

Thanks in advance for any help: Otared K.

* Re: \startplacefigure and \startframedtext in lmtx
@ 2020-06-10 13:19 ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2020-06-10 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I tried today's new version 2020.06.09, to see whether the issue I was reporting below is fixed.
Unfortunately it is not, and my fix with \dontleavehmode does not work anymore. Is there a way to fix the problem ?

Thanks in advance: Otared

@ 2020-06-10 15:30 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-06-10 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6/9/2020 11:04 AM, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just noticed that in lmtx, the commands \startplacefigure and \startframedtext, when used together, do not behave in the same way as they do in mkiv.
> I wonder whether this is a permanent change or rather a buglet.
>
> I found a fix around the issue, but since in my document I have a certain number of cases where such combinations are used, I woul dlike to be sure to not make a mistake by changing all the instances… Here is an example:
>
> %% begin figure-framedtext.tex
> \useMPlibrary[dum]
> \defineexternalfigure[dummy]
>
> \starttext
> \startplacefigure[location=left,number=no,title={}]
> 	\externalfigure[dummy][width=.45\textwidth]
> \stopplacefigure
> \dontleavehmode % if this is commented out then the text and the figure are placed on top of each other
> \startframedtext[frame=off]
> 	\input ward.tex
> \stopframedtext
> \stoptext
> %% end figure-framedtext.tex
>
> In the above example the fix is to add \dontleavehmode between the figue and the framedtext. If one comments out that line then the issue can be seen.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help: Otared K.
can others confirm this

This is LuaMetaTeX, Version 2.06.07

system          > ConTeXt  ver: 2020.06.10

* Re: \startplacefigure and \startframedtext in lmtx
@ 2020-06-10 15:40   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-06-10 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen schrieb am 10.06.2020 um 17:30:
> On 6/9/2020 11:04 AM, Otared Kavian wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just noticed that in lmtx, the commands \startplacefigure and
>> \startframedtext, when used together, do not behave in the same way as
>> they do in mkiv.
>> I wonder whether this is a permanent change or rather a buglet.
>>
>> I found a fix around the issue, but since in my document I have a
>> certain number of cases where such combinations are used, I woul dlike
>> to be sure to not make a mistake by changing all the instances… Here
>> is an example:
>>
>> %% begin figure-framedtext.tex
>> \useMPlibrary[dum]
>> \defineexternalfigure[dummy]
>>
>> \starttext
>> \startplacefigure[location=left,number=no,title={}]
>>     \externalfigure[dummy][width=.45\textwidth]
>> \stopplacefigure
>> \dontleavehmode % if this is commented out then the text and the
>> figure are placed on top of each other
>> \startframedtext[frame=off]
>>     \input ward.tex
>> \stopframedtext
>> \stoptext
>> %% end figure-framedtext.tex
>>
>> In the above example the fix is to add \dontleavehmode between the
>> figue and the framedtext. If one comments out that line then the issue
>> can be seen.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help: Otared K.
> can others confirm this
>
> This is LuaMetaTeX, Version 2.06.07
>
> system          > ConTeXt  ver: 2020.06.10

No problem here (but the version from May a problem).

mtx-context     | current version: 2020.06.10 12:26

Wolfgang

* Re: \startplacefigure and \startframedtext in lmtx
@ 2020-06-10 15:49   ` mf
From: mf @ 2020-06-10 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Il 10/06/20 17:30, Hans Hagen ha scritto:
> On 6/9/2020 11:04 AM, Otared Kavian wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just noticed that in lmtx, the commands \startplacefigure and
>> \startframedtext, when used together, do not behave in the same way as
>> they do in mkiv.
>> I wonder whether this is a permanent change or rather a buglet.
>>
>> I found a fix around the issue, but since in my document I have a
>> certain number of cases where such combinations are used, I woul dlike
>> to be sure to not make a mistake by changing all the instances… Here
>> is an example:
>>
>> %% begin figure-framedtext.tex
>> \useMPlibrary[dum]
>> \defineexternalfigure[dummy]
>>
>> \starttext
>> \startplacefigure[location=left,number=no,title={}]
>>     \externalfigure[dummy][width=.45\textwidth]
>> \stopplacefigure
>> \dontleavehmode % if this is commented out then the text and the
>> figure are placed on top of each other
>> \startframedtext[frame=off]
>>     \input ward.tex
>> \stopframedtext
>> \stoptext
>> %% end figure-framedtext.tex
>>
>> In the above example the fix is to add \dontleavehmode between the
>> figue and the framedtext. If one comments out that line then the issue
>> can be seen.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help: Otared K.
> can others confirm this
>
> This is LuaMetaTeX, Version 2.06.07
>
> system          > ConTeXt  ver: 2020.06.10

Seems OK to me.

I get the same result with LuaTeX+MkIV 2020-05-08 and LMTX 2020-06-10,
even commenting out \dontleavehmode.

The only difference is the figure color: blue for LMTX, yellow for MkIV.

Massi