From: Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: PDF viewer poll
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 18:49:48 +0200	[thread overview]

On 10/13/19 12:43 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> Hi, I’d like to update my list of (usable!) PDF viewers.

1. Evince-3.28.5, MuPDF-1.16.1 and (sometimes) acroread-9.5.5 on Linux.
2. SumatraPDF, MuPDF and Acrobat Reader DC on Windows.

From MuPDF, I use mupdf-gl (just in case it might be relevant).

They are zero cost programs. Except Acrobat, all of them are FLOSS.

SumatraPDF is Windows only.
mupdf runs on Linux, Windows, Android and iOS.

mupdf has an English-only help. All the other programs have localized
interfaces.

Evince can handle comments and attachments.
mupdf can handle comments, but not attachments.
Sumatra cannot handle comments, but it does handle embedded files.

Evince can handle forms without JS (support is on the way).
mupdf can handle forms with JS (but I would say that JS support in MuPDF
is incomplete).
SumatraPDF cannot handle forms.

I don’t use SyncTeX myself, so I don’t know whether it is supported or not.

Evince and SumatraPDF reload modified documents automatically.
mupdf-gl allows document reloading with the 'r' key.

My basic features are bookmarks, links and attachments. Evince and
SumatraPDF can handle all of them. mupdf-gl cannot handle attachments
and partial implementation for bookmarks.

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk