* issue with signature field
@ 2017-05-21 19:17 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-05-21 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

some time ago, Hans implemented signature fields:

    \setupinteraction[state=start]
    \starttext
    \definefield[x][signature]
    \field[x]
    \stoptext

I’m afraid I’m not able to sign it using Acrobat 9.5.5, which is the
latest version released for Linux.

Acrobat Reader 9.5.5 is able to sign this document:
https://bugs.ghostscript.com/attachment.cgi?id=11678 (and
https://bugs.ghostscript.com/attachment.cgi?id=11707).

I guess it may not be the cause, but which is the way to force the
document to be written in PDF version 1.6?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: issue with signature field
@ 2017-05-24  9:00 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-05-24  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 5/21/2017 9:17 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> some time ago, Hans implemented signature fields:
>
>      \setupinteraction[state=start]
>      \starttext
>      \definefield[x][signature]
>      \field[x]
>      \stoptext
>
> I’m afraid I’m not able to sign it using Acrobat 9.5.5, which is the
> latest version released for Linux.
>
> Acrobat Reader 9.5.5 is able to sign this document:
> https://bugs.ghostscript.com/attachment.cgi?id=11678 (and
> https://bugs.ghostscript.com/attachment.cgi?id=11707).
>
> I guess it may not be the cause, but which is the way to force the
> document to be written in PDF version 1.6?
I only have an old acrobat x pro and reader dc and both open the
document. I never used signature fields so I have no clue what to expect
anyway.

Hans

* Re: issue with signature field
@ 2017-05-24  9:57 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2017-05-24  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 9:17 PM, Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> some time ago, Hans implemented signature fields:
>
>     \setupinteraction[state=start]
>     \starttext
>     \definefield[x][signature]
>     \field[x]
>     \stoptext
>
> I’m afraid I’m not able to sign it using Acrobat 9.5.5, which is the
> latest version released for Linux.
Alternatives are a reader for android (quite ok, of course you need a
decent android device)
or under linux Wine +  latest Reader for  windows (crossing the fingers)

--
luigi

* Re: issue with signature field
@ 2017-05-25 15:36   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-05-25 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 05/24/2017 11:00 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>>      \setupinteraction[state=start]
>>      \starttext
>>      \definefield[x][signature]
>>      \field[x]
>>      \stoptext
>>
>> I’m afraid I’m not able to sign it using Acrobat 9.5.5, which is the
>> latest version released for Linux.
>>
>> Acrobat Reader 9.5.5 is able to sign this document:
>> https://bugs.ghostscript.com/attachment.cgi?id=11678 (and
>> https://bugs.ghostscript.com/attachment.cgi?id=11707).
>>
>> I guess it may not be the cause, but which is the way to force the
>> document to be written in PDF version 1.6?
>> I only have an old acrobat x pro and reader dc and both open the
> document. I never used signature fields so I have no clue what to expect
> anyway.

Many thanks for your reply, Hans.

If you click inside the signature field, a dialog will pop up.

You may use a signature (such as http://acrobat.ousia.tk/JohnDoe.pfx).
The password is "123456".

After sending my original message, I analyzed the contents of the file
that Acrobat for Linux is able to sign. The issue seems to be (or I
think it is) different default settings.

But I need to investigate this further.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--

@ 2017-05-25 15:47   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-05-25 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 05/24/2017 11:57 AM, luigi scarso wrote:
> On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 9:17 PM, Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es> wrote:
>> Dear list,
>>
>> some time ago, Hans implemented signature fields:
>>
>>     \setupinteraction[state=start]
>>     \starttext
>>     \definefield[x][signature]
>>     \field[x]
>>     \stoptext
>>
>> I’m afraid I’m not able to sign it using Acrobat 9.5.5, which is the
>> latest version released for Linux.
>
> Alternatives are a reader for android (quite ok, of course you need> decent android device)

Many thanks for your reply, Luigi.

I’m afraid I might be an indecent user, because I only have real
computers (no mobile devices).

> or under linux Wine +  latest Reader for  windows (crossing the fingers)

In that case, I’d rather use Windows at work.

But many thanks for your suggestions,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk