From: Otared Kavian <otared@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: testing TeX Live 2011
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 20:03:47 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Mojca,

Sorry for not having stated the OS and machine on which I tried the MacTex package: yes I am on a Mac Intel Core 2 Duo, and Mac OS X 10.6.7.
Right now I don't have Tiger at hand, but maybe I can find one with a friend willing to try.

Regarding what you say about your experience of MacTex under Mac OS X 10.6.7, it is indeed weird that it doesn't work for me.
Would it be possible that unzipping with Zipeg (an application which I use for expanding zipped files) may explain the difference between your experience and mine?

Thanks again for your efforts for bringing ConTeXt in various flavors to the Mac community!

Best regards: OK

On 5 juin 2011, at 14:54, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 13:34, Otared Kavian wrote:
>> Dear Mojca, dear Taco,
>>
>> Thank you for sharing th einfo on TexLIve 2011 pretest.
>> I would like to let you know that I downloaded
>>        mactex20110529.mpkg.zip
>> from one of the sites on
>>        http://tug.org/texlive/pretest.html
>> and after unzipping, tried to install the pacjkage for pretesting. However, I get an error message stating that:
>>        The package could not be completed.
>>        (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)
>>        Couldn't open "mactex20110529.mpkg".
>>
>> This is just to inform you about an issue (I use only ConTeXt from th eminimals at this point).
>
> In past emails on the list you mention that you are using Snow
> Leopard. I guess the same is true for the machine where you tested
> MacTeX or do you happen to have some Tiger left somewhere in the
> corner?
>
> The weird thing is that the same file worked for me on 64-bit SL
> (10.6.7) a few days ago and unless there is some file corruption
> present (but then it wouldn't even unzip properly), mactex didn't
> change since then.
>
> Mojca
>
> PS: Not relevant for your report, but I would warn you that MacTeX
> doesn't yet have an out-of-the-box working ConTeXt (you need to update
> context first, but even then there are some "problems" with outdated
> texmfcnf.lua file), but that was probably already evident from the
> release date that is part of the name as we only got a properly
> working ConTeXt today in the morning (tomorow morning follows another
> no-so-critical fix).

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Otared Kavian
Département de Mathématiques