There is something in the processing of mathml I do not understand. I keep the xml-node in a \startxmlsetups my:setup \def\mynode{#1} \stopxmlsetups Doing \xmlflush{\mynode} does typeset the contents of mynode, but not when mynode contains a mathml tree! Then the error is: Undefined control sequence ... \MMLhack ->\let \MMLpar \par \let \par \relax \everyvbox {\let \par \MMLpar } \12>:mml:math ...}} {\automathematics }}{\MMLhack \xmlflush {#1}}\endgroup Tested it with a simple: x The strange thing is, when putting the mathlml tree insize mathml-content where: \startxmlsetups xam:text \xmltrim{#1}\par \stopxmlsetups then typesetting goes without an error! Can someone explain this behaviour? Hans van der Meer