* underscore hyphenation in LMTX
@ 2019-04-27 11:51 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2019-04-27 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I have the following sample:

    \startluacode
    function document.addfunnyhyphen(tfmdata)
        local underscore = utf.byte("_")
        local char       = tfmdata.characters[underscore]
        tfmdata.characters[0xFE000]   = {
            width    = 0,
            height   = 0,
            depth    = 0,
            commands = {
                { "right", -char.width },
                { "down", char.depth },
                { "slot", 1, underscore },
            }
        }
    end

    utilities.sequencers.appendaction("aftercopyingcharacters","after",
        "document.addfunnyhyphen")
    \stopluacode

    \definehyphenationfeatures
          [whatever]
          [righthyphenchar="FE000]

    \setuphyphenation[method=traditional]
    \sethyphenationfeatures[strict, whatever]

    \setuppapersize[A10, lanscape]

    \starttext
        \startmakeup[standard]
        \hsize\zeropoint
        \tt definebodyfont
        \stopmakeup
    \stoptext

I get the underscore hyphenation with latest ConTeXt beta (LuaTeX-1.10),
but not with latest LMTX (LuaTeX-2.0).

Am I missing something here?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: underscore hyphenation in LMTX
@ 2019-04-29  8:57 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-04-29  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/27/2019 1:51 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
>      \startluacode
>      function document.addfunnyhyphen(tfmdata)
>          local underscore = utf.byte("_")
>          local char       = tfmdata.characters[underscore]
>          tfmdata.characters[0xFE000]   = {
>              width    = 0,
>              height   = 0,
>              depth    = 0,
>              commands = {
>                  { "right", -char.width },
>                  { "down", char.depth },
>                  { "slot", 1, underscore },
>              }
>          }
>      end
>
>      utilities.sequencers.appendaction("aftercopyingcharacters","after",
>          "document.addfunnyhyphen")
>      \stopluacode
>
>      \definehyphenationfeatures
>            [whatever]
>            [righthyphenchar="FE000]
>
>      \setuphyphenation[method=traditional]
>      \sethyphenationfeatures[strict, whatever]
>
>      \setuppapersize[A10, lanscape]
>
>      \starttext
>          \startmakeup[standard]
>          \hsize\zeropoint
>          \tt definebodyfont
>          \stopmakeup
>      \stoptext
>
> I get the underscore hyphenation with latest ConTeXt beta (LuaTeX-1.10),
> but not with latest LMTX (LuaTeX-2.0).
>
> Am I missing something here?

use slot '0' instead of '1' (i'll catch it anyway)

Hans

* Re: underscore hyphenation in LMTX
@ 2019-05-01 11:22   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2019-05-01 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 4/29/19 10:57 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> I get the underscore hyphenation with latest ConTeXt beta (LuaTeX-1.10),
>> but not with latest LMTX (LuaTeX-2.0).
>>
>> Am I missing something here?
>
> use slot '0' instead of '1' (i'll catch it anyway)

Hans,

many thanks for the trick and the improved code.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk