* Re: context-2011-mathml-update.pdf FlushStep and mupdf
@ 2017-07-27  7:21 damien
From: damien @ 2017-07-27  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Which is your OS? How about checking them with Acrobat Reader?

I am working under OpenBSD and context TeXLive 2017 pre-release. Acrobat Reader is not avalaible.

Btw, I had the same issue as you under Linux : Evince could'nt display slides with Steps macros, while mupdf displays content
without steps.

The new mkiv Rawsteps nearly works for me with mupdf : both steps are displayed on the same slide, which is not what is intended,
but at least contents are duplicated.

If steps are only working with AcroRead, this means that steps may rather rely on a workaround and
it might be considered a kind of bug. Unfortunately my programming skills are none, so I migt be exagerating.

Anyway it would be really great to have something working with poppler and mupdf engines.
Could the \pause macro from beamer be a starting point or is this too LaTeX dependant?

* Re: context-2011-mathml-update.pdf FlushStep and mupdf
@ 2017-07-27  9:48 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2017-07-27  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2017-07-27 um 09:21 schrieb damien@thiriet.web4me.fr:

>> Which is your OS? How about checking them with Acrobat Reader?
>
> I am working under OpenBSD and context TeXLive 2017 pre-release. Acrobat Reader is not avalaible.
>
> Btw, I had the same issue as you under Linux : Evince could'nt display slides with Steps macros, while mupdf displays content
> without steps.
>
> The new mkiv Rawsteps nearly works for me with mupdf : both steps are displayed on the same slide, which is not what is intended,
> but at least contents are duplicated.
>
> If steps are only working with AcroRead, this means that steps may rather rely on a workaround and
> it might be considered a kind of bug. Unfortunately my programming skills are none, so I migt be exagerating.
>
> Anyway it would be really great to have something working with poppler and mupdf engines.
> Could the \pause macro from beamer be a starting point or is this too LaTeX dependant?

Steps work with JavaScript in PDF, and AFAIK only AR supports that - of course, it's also a security issue.

I see no other way than "stepwise" pages for other viewers, and that would create huge files.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
GPG Key ID 1C9B22FD

* Re: context-2011-mathml-update.pdf FlushStep and mupdf
@ 2017-07-27 15:39   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-07-27 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 07/27/2017 11:48 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> Am 2017-07-27 um 09:21 schrieb damien@thiriet.web4me.fr:
>>
>> I am working under OpenBSD and context TeXLive 2017 pre-release.
>> Acrobat Reader is not avalaible.
> [...]
> Steps work with JavaScript in PDF, and AFAIK only AR supports that -
> of course, it's also a security issue.

Damien,

it would be great that you report the issue to the MuPDF (or actually
MuJS) developers, so that they may fix it in the future.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: context-2011-mathml-update.pdf FlushStep and mupdf
@ 2017-07-26 19:51 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-07-26 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 07/26/2017 09:00 PM, Damien Thiriet wrote:
> [...]
> The trouble is that when opening context-2011-mathml-update.pdf with mupdf
> I do not see anything similar to beamer
> \pause. The whole slides are shown in one piece.
>
> Did I miss something or is it a viewer issue?

Hi Damien,

I guess this is a viewer issue.

Which is your OS? How about checking them with Acrobat Reader?

I have tried, but Acrobat Reader 9 (the latest version available for
Linux) doesn’t show any text included in the steps.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* context-2011-mathml-update.pdf FlushStep and mupdf
@ 2017-07-26 19:00 Damien Thiriet
From: Damien Thiriet @ 2017-07-26 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

As suggested a few months ago in thread "which command would give the same effect
as \pause in beamer ?", I am digging in context example to use
the step mecanism for presentation. I grepped the example folder and
founded files using \FlushStep, for example :
context-2011-mathml-update.tex

The trouble is that when opening context-2011-mathml-update.pdf with mupdf
I do not see anything similar to beamer
\pause. The whole slides are shown in one piece.

I tried several other pdf with Steps mecanism (context-2011-ebook-export,
context-2012-thescript, context/2013/context-2013-speed.pdf). Steps
weren't displayed in any case.

Did I miss something or is it a viewer issue?

Thanks,

Damien