* problem with \startnarrower (?)
@ 2006-11-21 21:04 Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2006-11-21 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

There seems to be a change in latest ConTeXt (ver: 2006.11.20 09:49
MK II  fmt: 2006.11.20  int: english/english) that has broken my
definitions for setting extracts in the body text.

\defineblank[extractdistance][3pt]

\definestartstop[extract][
   before={[extractdistance]
     	\setupnarrower[left=1.5pc,right=1.5pc]
     	\startnarrower[left,right]
	\noindent},
   after={\stopnarrower
    	\blank[extractdistance]
	\indenting[yes]}]

\starttext

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Morbi
commodo, ipsum sed pharetra gravida, orci magna rhoncus neque, id
pulvinar odio lorem non turpis. Nullam sit amet enim. Suspendisse id
velit vitae ligula volutpat condimentum.
\startextract
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Morbi
commodo, ipsum sed pharetra gravida, orci magna rhoncus neque,
id             pulvinar odio lorem non turpis. Nullam sit amet enim.
Suspendisse id velit vitae ligula volutpat condimentum.
\stopextract
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Morbi
commodo, ipsum sed pharetra gravida, orci magna rhoncus neque, id
pulvinar odio lorem non turpis. Nullam sit amet enim.

\stoptext

fails with the message:
! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> \dosinglenarrower

\redorepeatwithcommand [#1]#2->#2
                                  {#1}
\dodorepeatwithcommand ...repeatwithcommand [#1]#5
                                                   \else
\dododorepeatwithcom...

\next1 #1,->\docommand {#1}
                            \doprocesscommaitem
<argument> \relax left,
                        right
\doprocesscommalist ...aitem \gobbleoneargument #1
                                                   ,]\relax \global
\advance ...
l.14 \startextract

If I comment out \startnarrower[left,right] and \stopnarrower in the
definition of \definestartstop[extract], the text is set (though not
as I should like).

Any suggestions?

Alan

* Re: problem with \startnarrower (?)
@ 2006-11-21 21:26 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2006-11-21 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alan Bowen wrote:
> There seems to be a change in latest ConTeXt (ver: 2006.11.20 09:49
> MK II  fmt: 2006.11.20  int: english/english) that has broken my
> definitions for setting extracts in the body text.
>
> \defineblank[extractdistance][3pt]
>
> \definestartstop[extract][
>    before={[extractdistance]
>      	\setupnarrower[left=1.5pc,right=1.5pc]
>      	\startnarrower[left,right]
> 	\noindent},
>    after={\stopnarrower
>     	\blank[extractdistance]
> 	\indenting[yes]}]
>
> \starttext
>
> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Morbi
> commodo, ipsum sed pharetra gravida, orci magna rhoncus neque, id
> pulvinar odio lorem non turpis. Nullam sit amet enim. Suspendisse id
> velit vitae ligula volutpat condimentum.
> \startextract
> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Morbi
> commodo, ipsum sed pharetra gravida, orci magna rhoncus neque,
> id             pulvinar odio lorem non turpis. Nullam sit amet enim.
> Suspendisse id velit vitae ligula volutpat condimentum.
> \stopextract
> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Morbi
> commodo, ipsum sed pharetra gravida, orci magna rhoncus neque, id
> pulvinar odio lorem non turpis. Nullam sit amet enim.
>
> \stoptext
>
> fails with the message:
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> <argument> \dosinglenarrower
>
> \redorepeatwithcommand [#1]#2->#2
>                                   {#1}
> \dodorepeatwithcommand ...repeatwithcommand [#1]#5
>                                                    \else
> \dododorepeatwithcom...
>
> \next1 #1,->\docommand {#1}
>                             \doprocesscommaitem
> <argument> \relax left,
>                         right
> \doprocesscommalist ...aitem \gobbleoneargument #1
>                                                    ,]\relax \global
> \advance ...
> l.14 \startextract
>

> If I comment out \startnarrower[left,right] and \stopnarrower in the
> definition of \definestartstop[extract], the text is set (though not
> as I should like).
>
> Any suggestions?

Hi Alan,

simply download the current stable version (where \dosinglenarrower is
defined again).

Greetings, Peter

@ 2006-11-22 12:51   ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2006-11-22 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter—

Many thanks. That's got it. (I thought I had the latest version.)

Best, Alan