* winter cleanup in the wiki
@ 2010-12-13  0:50 Jonas Stein
From: Jonas Stein @ 2010-12-13  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

there are (were) many duplicate installation pages in the
wiki.

I merged some and deleted a lot duplicate stuff.
The work is not finished yet.

i created a new category in the wiki:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:deleteme

These articles are merged to others and no longer needed.

Is the part about Configuration files still up to date?
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Installation_hints

Its last edited in 2008 and links to manuals from 2001 and 2003.

Kind regards,

--
Jonas Stein <news@jonasstein.de>

* Re: winter cleanup in the wiki
@ 2010-12-13  8:42 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-12-13  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 13-12-2010 1:50, Jonas Stein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there are (were) many duplicate installation pages in the
> wiki.
>
> I merged some and deleted a lot duplicate stuff.
> The work is not finished yet.
>
> i created a new category in the wiki:
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:deleteme
>
> These articles are merged to others and no longer needed.
>
> Is the part about Configuration files still up to date?
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Installation_hints
>
> Its last edited in 2008 and links to manuals from 2001 and 2003.

maybe add a note there that it might make more sense to install the
minimals or texlive (context package)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-12-14  0:05   ` Jonas Stein
From: Jonas Stein @ 2010-12-14  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

>> there are (were) many duplicate installation pages in the
>> wiki.
>>
>> I merged some and deleted a lot duplicate stuff.
>> The work is not finished yet.
>>
>> i created a new category in the wiki:
>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:deleteme
>>
>> These articles are merged to others and no longer needed.
>>
>> Is the part about Configuration files still up to date?
>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Installation_hints
>>
>> Its last edited in 2008 and links to manuals from 2001 and 2003.
>
> maybe add a note there that it might make more sense to install the
> minimals or texlive (context package)

here is that note:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Installation_by_os

How do you think should we handle pages, that are obsolete in
the wiki?

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/pdftex.cfg
said:
"There's no more pdftex.cfg since TDS 2004!"

I tagged pages like this one with "deleteme"

But what is the best solution for them?
Has this Wiki a Merge function to save the history?
Should we empty and unlink them? Delete them?

Kind regards,

--

@ 2010-12-14  4:56     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-12-14  4:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Jonas Stein <news@jonasstein.de> wrote:

>>> there are (were) many duplicate installation pages in the
>>> wiki.
>>>
>>> I merged some and deleted a lot duplicate stuff.
>>> The work is not finished yet.
>>>
>>> i created a new category in the wiki:
>>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:deleteme
>>>
>>> These articles are merged to others and no longer needed.
>>>
>>> Is the part about Configuration files still up to date?
>>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Installation_hints
>>>
>>> Its last edited in 2008 and links to manuals from 2001 and 2003.
>>
>> maybe add a note there that it might make more sense to install the
>> minimals or texlive (context package)
>
> here is that note:
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Installation_by_os
>
> How do you think should we handle pages, that are obsolete in
> the wiki?
>

> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/pdftex.cfg
> said:
> "There's no more pdftex.cfg since TDS 2004!"
>
> I tagged pages like this one with "deleteme"
>
> But what is the best solution for them?
> Has this Wiki a Merge function to save the history?
> Should we empty and unlink them? Delete them?

Wiki administrators can delete pages. So, just tag them, and one of us
will have a look at it, and if we agree, delete the page.

Aditya

* Re: winter cleanup in the wiki
@ 2010-12-14  7:29       ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2010-12-14  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/pdftex.cfg
>> said:
>> "There's no more pdftex.cfg since TDS 2004!"
>>
>> I tagged pages like this one with "deleteme"
>>
>> But what is the best solution for them?
>> Has this Wiki a Merge function to save the history?
>> Should we empty and unlink them? Delete them?
>
> Wiki administrators can delete pages. So, just tag them, and one of us
> will have a look at it, and if we agree, delete the page.

"We" should remove the links to these page before we delete 'em. There is a links somewhere at the bottom of the page that shows the pages that links to a current page. It opens a page such as

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Special:WhatLinksHere/ConTeXt_Minimals_Funtoo

Patrick