* Testing for LMTX: \ifmode
@ 2021-07-25  7:06 Axel Kielhorn
From: Axel Kielhorn @ 2021-07-25  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a document that doesn’t work with LMTX right now.

While testing LMTX I would like to exclude certain passages and work on them later.

When I run the following:

\doifmode{*mkiv}{mkiv}
\doifmode{*contextlmtxmode}{contextlmtx}
\doifmode{*lmtx}{lmtx}

I always get „mkiv“.
I’ve tried

- pre LMTX context
- LMTX --luatex
- LMTX (2021.07.23)

What is the recommended way to detect LMTX?

Greetings
Axel

* Re: Testing for LMTX: \ifmode
@ 2021-07-25  7:46 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2021-07-25  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Axel Kielhorn schrieb am 25.07.2021 um 09:06:
> Hi,
>
> I have a document that doesn’t work with LMTX right now.
>
> While testing LMTX I would like to exclude certain passages and work on them later.
>
> When I run the following:
>
> \doifmode{*mkiv}{mkiv}
> \doifmode{*contextlmtxmode}{contextlmtx}
> \doifmode{*lmtx}{lmtx}
>
> I always get „mkiv“.
> I’ve tried
>
> - pre LMTX context
> - LMTX --luatex
> - LMTX (2021.07.23)
>
> What is the recommended way to detect LMTX?

There is no mode value for LMTX, only MkIV is set. To check for LMTX
you have to use \ifcase\contextlmtxmode but an additional for lmtx
would be useful.

\starttext

\ifcase\contextlmtxmode
     \MKIV
\else
     \MKIV\ + \LMTX
\fi

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Testing for LMTX: \ifmode
@ 2021-07-25 10:17   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2021-07-25 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7/25/2021 9:46 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> There is no mode value for LMTX, only MkIV is set. To check for LMTX
> you have to use \ifcase\contextlmtxmode but an additional for lmtx
> would be useful.
i'll add an lmtx mode

* Re: Testing for LMTX: \ifmode
@ 2021-07-25 10:43     ` Axel Kielhorn
From: Axel Kielhorn @ 2021-07-25 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 25.07.2021 um 12:17 schrieb Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl>:
>
> On 7/25/2021 9:46 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> There is no mode value for LMTX, only MkIV is set. To check for LMTX
>> you have to use \ifcase\contextlmtxmode but an additional for lmtx
>> would be useful.
> i'll add an lmtx mode

Thanks!

I’m looking forward to the next release.

Greetings
Axel