Goden Dag, although my primary field of ConTeXt questions is marginal notes, I use to read the "footnote" threads on NTG-context with curiousness as well . Am 20.07.2008 um 19:50 schrieb Aditya Mahajan: > When the manual is inadequate, I look at the sources. => Which sorces, wich directory and kind of files are meant, if one says "look at the source", where do I find them? (On my TeX-life distribution on Mac OSX 10.4x Tiger with actualized ConTeXt I didn't find the later mentioned "core-not.tex") > Once you figure out how to scan them for information, => Could one comunicate "how to scan them for infomation" or must that stay a secret? > they are easy to understand. [I repeat: "easy to understand"!] > In this case, core-not.tex says that the options of \setupfootnotes > are > > [\c!location=\v!page, > \c!way=\v!by\v!part, > \c!sectionnumber=\v!no, > \c!conversion=, > \c!rule=\v!on, [etc. and so on...] Nothing of this and the following code lines I can understand, so it is not "easy" - albeit that one knows the syntax and meanings of these commands. => Where can I find an explanation of this, not to write this kind of code myself but to understand off it, which kind of commands I can use with footnotes (in this case)? Ulrich Dirr, who had posed the question about his kind of footnotes asked back 21.07.2008 at 09:09: > O.k. I could look in the source too, but where did you read > 'location=normal'? Also I don't know what other option are allowed, > e.g., in > \numbercommand or \split. Only the default values are here as I > understand. I support this question (only that I don't know how to look in the sorce yet...) Goutgaun! Joachim Kreimer-de Fries, simpel user and beginner in ConTeXt P. S. An OT-question besides: does anyone know an file manager program instead of the mac Finder, which allows me to find files in the hidden directories of Mac-OSX in a GUI way instead of unix terminal commands "cd", "ls" and "find"?