From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm <texml@fiee.net>
Subject: [NTG-context] Module authors: please update your metadata
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 13:52:41 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,
I just updated the module writing guidelines, since I couldn’t find a
description of the necessary structure of a module release file:
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modules#Module_writing_guidelines

I also added an explanation how the publishing via
https://modules.contextgarden.net works.

If you ever published a module, please check if its metadata is still
correct, e.g. if the module works for MkIV / LMTX and how it should be
published – some modules aren’t installable via rsync as outlined in
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modules#ConTeXt_LMTX

(For me, the “simplified version” works.)

These modules get installed that way:

f-urwgaramond
f-urwgothic
t-account
t-algorithmic
t-animation
t-annotation
t-bnf
t-chromato
t-cmscbf
t-cmttbf
t-construction-plan
t-cyrillicnumbers
t-degrade
t-fancybreak
t-filter
t-fixme
t-french
t-fullpage
t-games (not in dl)
t-gantt
t-gnuplot
t-handlecsv (newer than in dl)
t-layout
t-letter
t-lettrine
t-lilypond (not in dl, obsolete)
t-mathsets
t-rst
t-ruby
t-simplefonts
t-simpleslides
t-tikz
t-title
t-transliterator
t-typearea
t-typescripts
t-vim
t-visualcounter

Some of these are probably outdated, I didn’t check.
If you know something is obsolete, please let us know or remove it
yourself, if you still know your account data.

Several more modules are available via
https://modules.contextgarden.net/dl/ (mentioned as "dl" above).
I added a comment where the directory structure isn’t quite right:

PocketDiary-V2.zip (module folder on top)
Collection-of-calendars-based-on-PocketDiary-module.zip (module folder
on top)
Date-driven-lists.zip (module folder on top)
Environment-for-collating-marks.zip (module folder on top)
aquamints (no structure)
bibmod-doc (looks right)
gfsdidot (looks right)
grph-downsample.lua  (looks right, except .lua in folder name)
enigma.zip (looks right, except .zip in folder name)
handlecsv (not unzipped, no VERSION file, but newer version in dl)
high (looks right)
karnaugh (looks right)
lua-widow-control (looks right)
lucida-cint.zip (looks right, except .zip in folder name)
metaducks (metaducks folder on top)
presvoz (looks right)
pret-c.lua (looks right, except .lua in folder name)
stormfontsupport (looks right)
sudoku (sudoku folder on top)
t-gm (looks right)
t-greek (looks right)
t-gs (looks right)
t-inifile (looks right)
t-layout (looks right)
t-letterspace.mkiv (looks right, except .mkiv in folder name)
t-rsteps (looks right)
t-simplebib (looks right)
t-taspresent (looks right)
u-texshow (looks right)

(“looks right” only means that the structure looks like TDS, many are
old and probably obsolete, but a few are quite new, like the first four
by Willi)

All the best & happy TeXing,
Hraban