* Re: about "unknown script 'context.lus' or 'max-context.lua'"
       [not found] <mailman.1.1504260001.29432.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2017-09-02 12:48 ` Jeong Dal
From: Jeong Dal @ 2017-09-02 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: list ntg-context@ntg.nl ntg-context@ntg.nl ntg-context@ntg.nl
	ntg-context@ntg.nl

Dear Hans van der Meer,

Thank you for your solution.
It is similar to the one of the engines, which is for ConTeXt(beta, stand alone) and works fine.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

@ 2017-09-02 14:36 ` Jeong Dal
From: Jeong Dal @ 2017-09-02 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: list ntg-context@ntg.nl ntg-context@ntg.nl ntg-context@ntg.nl
	ntg-context@ntg.nl

Dear Hans van der Meer,

According to your word, I added the PATH to texmf-dist(texlive 2017) to the ConTeXt(LuaTex).engine directly.
And, in the terminal, run mtxrun —generate and run luatools —generate once more.
Then ConTeXt(LuaTeX) is working fine.
Now, I can compile ConTeXt files using either texlive-2017 or minimal-beta.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

* Re: about "unknown script 'context.lus' or 'max-context.lua'"
@ 2017-09-01  8:54   ` Meer, Hans van der
From: Meer, Hans van der @ 2017-09-01  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

Allthough I am working with the ConTeXt beta version, I hope you will get things running in TeXShop by analogy as it does for me.

On OSX there are directories used by TeXShop one of which is  ~/Library/Engines. The text files there contain scripts that callup a tex run. In my case I have a text file called BetaCur.engine to be found in the run popup button of TeXShop. In it I have:
#!/bin/bash
source ~/.bashrc
mtxrun --script context "$1"

In the .bashrc file in my home directory the directory where the ConTeXt files reside is given amongst other defines:
CONTEXTROOT=$HOME/Applications/TeX-programs/directory-of-my-contextbeta-files/tex
export CONTEXTROOT
PATH=$PATH:$CONTEXTROOT/texmf-osx-64/bin

I hope this will help you to customize things to your setup.

Hans van der Meer

On 1 Sep 2017, at 10:27, Jeong Dal <haksan@me.com<mailto:haksan@me.com>> wrote:

Dear all,

1. Today, I installed TeXlive 2017 using MacTeX and do a simple test using TeXshop.

When I run a sample file using “ConTeXt(LuaTeX)”, then I got an error message:

mtxrun          | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

I also did “mtxrun —generate”in the terminal which runs well.  But “luatools —generate” also issue the similar error message:

mtxrun          | unknown script ‘base.lua’ or 'mtx-base.lua'

However, it runs well under Stand-alone ConTeXt.
What I have to do to make TeXlive work?

2. Recently, I also installed Textadept in OS X for test, and follow the steps explained in the wiki.

If I open textadept in the terminal(open -a textadept), ConTeXt, lua, Python worked OK.
But it  issued an error message as following  when I open it directly from the application folder.

> mtxrun --autogenerate --script context --autopdf --purge --synctex=-1 "Main.tex"
Failed to execute child process "mtxrun" (No such file or directory)
> exit status: 256

In the terminal, echo $PATH contains the folder “/Library/TeX/texbin” which contains all executables of TeXlive 2017.
Is there anything that I have to do more?

Thank you for reading.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

* about "unknown script 'context.lus' or 'max-context.lua'"
       [not found] <mailman.1.1504173601.9480.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2017-09-01  8:27 ` Jeong Dal
From: Jeong Dal @ 2017-09-01  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context