* How to stop pagebreak after section heading
@ 2003-07-17  7:48 Frank
From: Frank @ 2003-07-17  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I just reformatted one of my documents from A4 to A4 landscape, dual
column format. Unfortunately ConTeXt put a pagebreak directly after a
heading. This is probably due to the excessive amount of white space
that would appear if the heading moved to the next page. Nevertheless
this is what I would prefer.

How do I do this?

Best Regards,

Frank

* Re: How to stop pagebreak after section heading
@ 2003-07-17 11:21 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2003-07-17 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

What happens, if you insert a \page command (ConTeXt manual, real page
91) before this heading?

Regards,

    Peter

@ 2003-07-17 11:56   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-07-17 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 13:21 17/07/2003 +0200, Peter Rolf wrote:
>What happens, if you insert a \page command (ConTeXt manual, real page 91)
>before this heading?

or \testpage[5] which will insert a page break is less than 5 lines are
available

normally there will be no break after a head unless one puts some skips
there or some command puts a prefered break there

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: How to stop pagebreak after section heading
@ 2003-07-17 12:27     ` Frank
From: Frank @ 2003-07-17 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Inserting \page works.

I don't know why the pagebreak occurs as the \subject heading is
directly followed by a text paragraph without any extra spacing. The
heading are using the ConTeXt default setup, with the exception of
setting the head in color. The only command which influences spacing is
\setupwhitespace[big].

I guess that the penalty for the pagebreak is higher than that of
having a pagebreak after the heading.

In any case thanks for the help.

Frank